ApisCP

Not sure, no config methods succeeded:

Just wonder if I should reinstall to get XFS. (There was something in ApisCP that was only supported on XFS IIRC, can’t remember what.) :sweat_smile:

The image install of CentOS was about 1.7 GB. I might reinstall from ISO just to get a more minimal start …

(Maybe the image is large due to including vim? Last time I tried installing Vim on a RHEL/CentOS, it wanted to pull in X and loads of stuff.)

Update: Did reinstall CentOS from the ISO, but it seems it has trouble getting network connectivity (both inside installer and afterwards) … Tried various ISO’s, and didn’t get DHCPOFFERS in any of them …

BTW, the graphical RHEL/CentOS partioner-thingie seems to be quite broken, or I am not very intelligent: If I select custom partitioning, there’s seemingly no way to clear the partition table/delete/reformat partitions … I had to switch to console and remove the exisiting partitions myself … Adding inst.text to GRUB seems better, but also a bit tedious … Trying not to remind myself why I prefer Debian at this stage … :sweat_smile:

Pop in a ticket brother so I can see if dhcp broke or no.

1 Like

Dang, CentOS 8 Stream clean install, selected: Minimal server:

Disk usage:
/dev/vda1 xfs 25G 2.4G 23G 10% /

What is all the stuff?

Unless you plan on creating resellers ext4 is plenty fine. Had a user report back ext4 basic is ~1 Gbps r/w whereas xfs ~1.2 Gbps r/w on some basic benchmarks. xfs had durability issues back in RHEL 5, serious ones resulting in data corruption that discouraged adoption.

Red Hat began pushing for xfs in 7 onward as the default filesystem. I run xfs on my servers now; in the last 3 years I’ve seen 1 journal corruption. xfs_repair fixed it without incident.

Edit:

You can enumerate all installed packages with

rpm -qa | xargs rpm -qi | less

Thanks! :slight_smile: As it turns out, a “Minimal Server” uses more space (2.1 GB) than a “Custom Installation” (without selecting any addition packages), which used 1.7 GB.

Looks like it’s X and Wayland libraries and a bunch of stuff I don’t need.

(No big deal, but I can usually trim Debian minial down to way less without lacking/missing anything.) :slight_smile:

Anyone using ApisCP with the Hetzner DNS service?

I created API key in Hetzner Cloud Console Security, Security API tokens, then I set Hetzner as default DNS provider, and added the DNS provider key in ApisCP Scopes.
When I try to add domain in Nexus, I get:

• Admin_Module::add_site(): Hetzner key failed: Invalid key
  • Admin_Module::add_site(): failed verification on service `dns’

(N00b, I know …) :laughing:

Double check you’re providing a DNS console key.

Via dns.hetzner.com, Dashboard > Manage API tokens.

1. Create a new token, e.g. B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9
  2. Add the domain using this token.
AddDomain -c dns,provider=hetzner -c dns,key=B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9 -c siteinfo,domain=exampledomain.com -c siteinfo,admin_user=sdffsdsd

Token can be set as the default via cpcmd scope:set dns.default-provider-key B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9. When doing so, the dns,key value must be DEFAULT for it to substitute this value. These three are equivalent assuming default settings:

AddDomain -c dns,provider=hetzner -c dns,key=B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9 -c siteinfo,domain=exampledomain.com -c siteinfo,admin_user=sdffsdsd
cpcmd scope:set dns.default-provider-key B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9
AddDomain -c dns,provider=hetzner -c dns,key=DEFAULT -c siteinfo,domain=exampledomain.com -c siteinfo,admin_user=sdffsdsd
cpcmd scope:set dns.default-provider-key B86nrho6Jw2w55RGrSynv665LayjWMC9
cpcmd scope:set dns.default-provider hetzner
AddDomain -c siteinfo,domain=exampledomain.com -c siteinfo,admin_user=sdffsdsd
1 Like

Thanks, got DNS working. (I was setting the wrong API key, cloud console, instead of personal token in DNS). :slight_smile:

I disabled FTP during install. Now I need to figure out how to get WP to work without FTP, didn’t know it used FTP(S) for media/file handling. :sweat_smile:

You can use SFTP. Make sure SSH is enabled on the account.

Alternatively you can open up access to wp-content/ by putting Fortification in MIN mode or temporarily enable write access with “Write Mode”, or if you want the insecure cPanel route, go to Web > PHP Pools to put your PHP pool under the account admin.

1 Like

Thanks again! :smiley:

Pretty sure I enabled SSH access when I created the domain/user … I guess I have to tell WP about it somehow, and I should test logging in as that user#domain@domain syntax … :slight_smile:

For my use, really only need one user, my own, but I guess creating different users for different domains/sites make sense security wise (and for controlling resources, maybe) …

… Or should I choose another strategy? :thinking:
Maybe I should get really familiar with the commands, then I can run it headless, too.

Change FS_METHOD in wp-config.php from false to ssh2. Everything else would remain the same.

Read through CLI.md for an overview on helpers. cpcmd misc:l and cpcmd misc:i are the most useful commands to list all commands matching a pattern as well as fetching info about the command.

1 Like