Buying Refurbished Monitors

BENQ is better :wink:

From experience, I would say that Samsung monitors are better, though usually at a premium.

@anon40039896 it’s like you constantly feel the need to take a conversation in a different direction :wink:

2 Likes

I think AOC is quite good if you want to go cheap-ish. Samsung is usually more expensive and often also better.

1 Like

That’s what the Ball Pit is for… specific subjects got their own thread, right ?

And this was expanding the conversation, not derailing…

Or does BENQ have nothing to do with affordable monitors ?

1 Like

Fair point :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

AOC

Samsung

BENQ

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/benqdirect.com

1 Like

" Ordered a mousepad last Thursday, the site says it ships in 2-3 days, it’s been about a week and it’s still processing."

Wow a LCD mousepad, I want one.
Besides, it does not look like you can compare this.

AOC has 24 reviews, BenQ has a shiton and Samsung also sells Washing machines.
So yea.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say TP says everything about a brand, but it’s a nice indicator.

It does automatically create that? interesting.

Returning the AOC. After 2 hours of testing I noticed that I just can’t deal with the colors. They feel so bad and agressive at the same time, I became a headache kinda. Either too bright or way too dim. Played around with the monitor brightness, rgb parameters, nvidea settings and decided it wasn’t for me. Retrospectively, wouldn’t recommend.

On a positive note: Amazon support agent was happy to help me with the return. Everything dealt within minutes :slight_smile:

Looking at one of these 3 now: BenQ GL2480, an Asus VS248HR (since Asus has served me well) and a curved screen (never used one before) Samsung C24F396FHU

Just try the BENQ, if you don’t like it, you return it.

I use the 2480s for my non 4k setup… Solaire uses them too.

4k on 24" is not practical for me, need at least 32" for that.

1 Like

I am using two BenQ for work, pretty nice monitors.
however if you have an asus already and like it, probably easiest to stick with it?
samsung most likely works nicely as well, however a noticable curve on a small screen like that I’d rather avoid…

1 Like

Fair enough :smiley: Yeah, I’ve been happy with my Asus monitors so far. Right now, my main monitor is this VG248QE|Monitors|ASUS Global one. Before, I also had some Asus monitor where I can’t remember the model name (nothing fancy but solid). So, yeah. Might either go with the Asus then, or try smth new with Benq as the BenQ reviews aren’t bad either. Thanks for chiming in mate :slight_smile:

Will dodge the Samsung. Saw some reviews on YouTube and…yeah…for how small the screen is you don’t see much of the curve plus it does not have your avg power cable :smiley:

Looks fine to me.

2 Likes

Which model did you get?

same as you.

You get what you pay for with TN panels haha. If picture quality is a concern, be willing to pay a bit more for an IPS panel. I can’t recommend the LG 24UD58 enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hmm… weird… maybe mine was an odd one out lol. Anyway, glad yours is working fine.