cPanel Change in Pricing

It doesn’t come with one, but any file manager that supports FTP authentication should work. Apparently there is Pydio support, but I’m not sure if that still works. See https://www.howtoforge.com/using-pydio-in-an-ispconfig-3-multiserver-installation

Alright. Do you think Virtualmin pro or Virtualmin is too bad for new users? It would help us lower the cost of hosting and focus on the services instead.

Personally I wouldn’t buy if it comes with Virtualmin, but I’m not your typical customer. DirectAdmin is your only sane choice at this point and maybe ISPConfig but that’d have to come in cheap.

Can we buy it for using it on other providers from them? Or just with their own servers?

Okay, so ISPconfig is not bad? Also, the 29 USD monthly DA license include everything for a VM, like unlimited domains and accounts [user] ? or how do you it work?

Our cPanel pricing is exclusive to our customers and our servers. We are happy to provide migration assistance at no charge if you were to decide to make a move.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks!

What is the issue with Virtualmin or Webmin? You can get it all for free/libre with the some hard core developer. Unless you are not one. With respect. I think their usermin is good enough. You can use other mail clients like mail pile and other options that you like.

HE.

RUNS.

CUSTOM.

SOFTWARE.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Years of tutorials and customizations, custom webmail/mail subdomains with LetsEncrypt signed and reverse proxied for webmail and exim/dovecot. Too many moving pieces to pick up and move without an extensive plan, one that’ll take a lot longer to craft than it takes cpanel to roll out pricing changes.

My customer base is so large that any plan must be executed with surgical precision. Not to mention the reason I went with cpanel in the beginning, to have a full time 24/7 staff working to keep it up to date and secure. I wanted the developers to be financially motivated, just not quite to this degree.

I originally went with vestacp and learned a big lesson about trusting a panel I wasn’t paying for.

5 Likes

OUCH

@Jarland Sir, I am doing my life’s first 1000 USD or less investment for beginner web hosting service in India, I am finally and slowly going in favour of http://froxlor.org, do you think it is good enough? It lacks file manager so I think I would using net2ftp thing and it should all be okay then.

Is php memory limit of 128M considered to be generous enough? I would decide on finally going with it on Monday or not. I hope it is a fair investment. :slight_smile:

What made you decide against ISPConfig/Keyhelp? :wink:

1 Like

Nothing really, I just easily found support and IRC help with froxlor and the people who I asked to decide after checking user demo is, bloggers I know, who uses cpanel hosting already.

I am looking into both the options that you shared thoroughly again.

Can you help me understand the PHP memory limit / account to decide how many users I get to put on a 4G RAM system including the hosting panel? I want basic 1-2G storage accounts for avg users.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha.
There is nothing I can say generally. It could be sufficient for very many low profile sites or things could fk up quickly under heavy usage.

I really like Keyhelp, it is free/libre software? It has everything including File manager and email client.

I do not understand how to install packages? Where is that option for the client?

1 Like

KeyHelp is free, yes. What packages do you mean? I believe Keyhhelp has a setup script or smth that installs all dependencies.

Functionally, sure. I don’t think people will buy an account on it though. For that, with current industry trends, I’d go with DirectAdmin.

On average yes. I’m of the opinion that anyone requiring more is generally not worth what they are paying, unless you’re running a higher end service. It’s usually someone running 50+ Wordpress plugins or one Joomla site so poorly optimized that every page load maxes out 1 CPU core for 5-10 seconds.

3 Likes

I made a video quickly showing the DirectAdmin File Manager for a KB article.

Given you’re looking for one and people are suggesting DA to you, here it is:

4 Likes