CPU Stuck at 800MHz?

Any idea what the problem was?

So disks are not removable?

Nope. After describing my woes, he said the best option would likely be to migrate to a new system. My best guess is he didnā€™t want to pay for remote hands to try and diagnose it, which I canā€™t blame him since it could possibly take awhile to track down the cause.

Not sure, I didnā€™t ask :confused:

1 Like

IPMI on your blade should show PSU status, if you still have access :-).

1 Like

Itā€™s either a bad CPU or motherboard. Weā€™ve seen this before with Xeon E3 1270 v3s.

1 Like

Bad CPU clocking down?

Unplug the server power cords and then plug them back in after 1-2 minutes and see if it resolves also check for bios updates, many funky issues are resolved via bios updates

you can even try a kernel update

1 Like

Itā€™s a blade in a HP microcloud chassis, so fiddling with the PSUs isnā€™t an option without disrupting the other blades. And it didnā€™t sound like any other blades were affected, so probably mainboard or CPU issue.

Due to the extremely low cost of these dedis, it made sense to just move me to a working node rather than my provider paying for remote hands to diagnose what may be going on. Anyways Iā€™m on a fresh machine now and surprisingly got SSDs instead of spinning rust, so Iā€™m happy. Took a day or two to get things back on track, but itā€™s been smooth sailing ever since :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With same size of disk ? Look like a deal.

1 Like

Yep, same sizes ā€“ 4x 250GB. They have the config on their site for +$5/mo than Iā€™m paying, so it worked out in my favor

2 Likes

Great service from him.

1 Like

Amen. Sometimes I wish I paid Francis more :stuck_out_tongue:

Provider? :grin:

Heymman Servers

2 Likes