Dedicated server E3 16GB RAM 4xHDD /29 for $26/month

As always when leaving dedis, today is a sad day. I’ven been using this little machine for almost 2 years:

• Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Haswell (4 cores / 8 threads @ 3.40 GHz, turbo @ 3.80 GHz)
  • 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 ECC memory
  • 4x 250GB (1TB) Seagate Constellation ES.2
  • Supermicro IPMI remote management (reboot, KVM & virtual media)
  • /29 subnet. 5 usable
  • 50TB (in+out) @ 1Gbps
  • Install your own OS using IPMI

Provided by Heymman Servers, who has been awesome giving premium unmanaged support.

Renewal price is $26/m and next due date is January 22.

You can see a detailed Heymman review thanks to @Mason.

What do you need to do to get this server?

• Post a comment here indicating you are interested and you will be randomly selected using an online service. You have until 23:00 EST today Jan 10. You have 2 chances if you are an existing Hostballs user prior to this thread.
  • If you get selected, you will have to give me your full name via PM. Yep, that is a provider requirement. Don’t worry, I’m not interested in your live except something.
  • Also you have to transfer me $26 via Paypal (fees included). That is because I need to recover resources invested installing and migrating services run on this dedi (it has been running as a production server). If you don’t like the idea, you can wait some days and get it for free if nobody wants it.

I have asked the requirements almost a year ago and I won’t bother support again with that question, if something has changed you will have to understand.

The server will be transferred as soon as possible tomorrow. The server has not been wiped yet in case you want me to run a benchmark.

2 Likes

If only it has a 120GB SSD… I wouldnt think twice

I don’t really have a use for a dedicated server right now, but that’s extremely cheap for what you get. Wow.

Count me in for this :-), also replied in LET.

If the offer is still open count me in :grinning:

The dedi goes to @mrclown.

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood, @mrclown :). Now don’t you go sucking up all my bandwidth :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Congrats @mrclown

2 Likes

Congrats @mrclown
I may be interested in some months of you consider ditching it :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir… :grin:

2 Likes

Seen you steal me a hetzie too.
Now you are my enemy (no you are not) haha.
Damn you building something huge?

1 Like

Transfer completed in a couple of minutes after opening the request. Great.

1 Like