Do You Use a Smartwatch?

No. Having a smartphone is bad enough.

4 Likes

Actually, I agree. Lately I want to get rid of my smartphone but is imposible (mostly because of business).

But having a smartwatch will reduce the need to continue watching my phone screen.

1 Like

I’m wearing an Amazfit Stratos. It’s a nice looking fitness tracker/smart watch.

1 Like

I used to wear a Pebble Time Steel, but it broke a while back and Pebble aren’t in business any more. I switched to a Samsung Galaxy Watch. It’s pretty good. Being able to pay for things without getting my phone or wallet out is useful.

Touch screens on watches seem like a gimmick though. I miss the battery life of the Pebble Time Steel (could easily go for two weeks without a charge).

2 Likes

Tried an Apple Watch 4… beautiful and it works fine, but haven’t made up my mind yet.

1 Like

Rocking an Apple Watch (Series 1, 38mm) still.

I’ll probably upgrade to the Series 3 when my Series 1 stops getting updates. (It just got watchOS 6)

2 Likes

I had an Sony smart watch which was ok, let down by Android wear or what ever it’s called.

Just seen this Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active 2 brings back the bezel control - The Verge and I’m tempted to try again.

Looks like this just came out. Not bad in looks or price, and should be a solid iteration on their first.

https://misfit.com/products/misfit-vapor-x

2 Likes

Misfit might not fit me

1 Like

I should stop visiting this forum at the office.

1 Like

I wore a first generation Apple Watch and the shine wore off pretty quickly. I used it to tell the time mostly and anytime an alert came through it was just a signal for me to look at my phone…the thing with the screen big enough to be useful. I finally got sick of charging it and bought myself a nice switch made mechanical watch a couple of Black Fridays ago saving about 20%. Now that the smart watches have more health features and the Apple Watch has its own data i might consider owning one again.

2 Likes

Looks good. Too bad my friend is back in my city now. At least I got a new Sigma lens for my Sony a6000.

24 hour battery life though. I guess that’s why there is no sleep tracker on it since it would be in the charger overnight instead of on your wrist.

I’ve moved from a FitBit to a Galaxy Gear Sport.

I have a Samsung Gear S3 which I got together with my S9+.
Love the thing except for the battery life which is quite a lot worse than my old Fitbit.

or find a more open-minded office… humor is the oil in the engine

1 Like

It is still weird

Whatchawant?

Actually, nothing.

Have an Apple Watch Series 4 (Wifi-only).

Great watch, tells the time, though I have my phone around all the time. I don’t really work out, so there’s really limited use for it.

Only few things I do with it:

• ring phone (because I can’t remember where I place it)
  • unlock macbook
  • read notifications without looking rude

Not worth the money for sure, but damn that crown is really satisfying.

1 Like

Ive got one free with my old Samsung Galaxy S8.
I used it once, i dont like this things. I love to use a “normal” watch. Not a SmartWatch.
SmartWatch = Trash for me

1 Like