Favorite self-hosted SaaS alternatives

That looks very useful, particularly the caching. Had no experience with GO so far.

We use Trello with a scrum/agile framework - The Beginner’s Guide To Scrum And Agile Project Management

Works really well for us, have about 20 team members and 3-4 dozen ongoing projects at any given time, with a few to dozens of tasks in each sprint.

Tool doesn’t matter too much as long you get everyone to commit to using it.

1 Like

Damn, Trello costs 10 USD per user, per month, too expensive. <.<

Uh… it’s free. You don’t need the fancy corporate plan

2 Likes

What if he wants to send SMTP tho?

1 Like

Will test it. Seen their pricing plan and got scared. I need a CRM too. Just tested Odoo and its daaaamn ugly.

Well, it works fine. Just for external checks so I do not need any 3rd party.
Currently not in active development but not dropped from my side.

They released a Premium PowerDNS managment panel, using it for my DNS cluster.
Also moved DNS stuff from Cloudflare to that cluster.

It just has a Galera Cluster for the Data and PDNS connected to it, works well, if you have 3 servers or more.

Out of curiosity. Is anyone paying for Cloudron.io

I’m pretty sure @Jarland uses that.

Yeah I do. Though I’m starting to roll my own a bit more now just to give me some mental release. Sometimes it feels like a burden, but then you reach that point where it’s almost relaxing and a welcome vacation.

You mention Grafana. Grafana is my life.

Everything can be metric’d.

I am sure you get the point… :wink:

5 Likes

Gah. I stumbled upon a very nice looking self-hosted Spotify-style app and now I’ve lost it. Any ideas?

Koel? GitHub - koel/koel: 🐦 A personal music streaming server that works.

2 Likes

Cheers!

I’ve been using subsonic for awhile now. Going to test out different music streaming solutions to see if I like anything better. Koel is at the top of the list followed closely by mopidy.

Asana is simple and effective.
If you want something way more detailed, you can go for ERPnext, that will allows you to track project expenses, and so on.

Odoo hides a lot of features past the trial period.
When I last tried it, it was slow, and too complicated for a small operation. One pro is that it will have all the acocunting scheme for PT already in there, but, its not certified, so you can’t really use it in that way anyway.

What about Hubspot?

Is anybody using a self-hosted alternative to Trello?

I’ve found the following 4, do you have any experience with one of them?

https://github.com/RestyaPlatform/board
https://www.tuleap.org/

I know this does not belong in here. But I’ll post it anyway because I really liked it.

5 Likes

how do you feel about whatruns vs builtwith?

2 Likes