Fiber Reach in Your Country

https://www.oecd.org/sti/broadband/broadband-statistics-update.htm

1 Like

The current Govt. of India is making all the villages connected via internet under the BharatNet scheme.

I currently use Fiber (GPON) @ 50/30 Mbps at home using a local ISP and on waitlist for the new 1Gbps connection launched by India’s conglomerate Reliance Jio, named as Jio GigaFiber.

A link to Wikipedia article yields better stats :slight_smile:

The only downside to providing internet to everyone is that you’ll get to see more idiots on TikTok doing all sort of embarrassing stuff.

2 Likes

…and yet more cries of censorship in the name of “the children”. Every time someone wants to erode yet more of your freedom, this is the most common excuse.

1 Like

Luckily in Spain we have very good connections,
+80% of the home connections are FTTH or HFC based with more than 100 Mbps.

100/100
300/300
600/600
1G/1G

More info: El 81% de la población española dispone de cobertura de banda ancha de 100 Mbps • ESMARTCITY

3 Likes

Who said anything about children? We have mid 50s uncles & aunts doing weird ass shit on TikTok.

Earlier I used to go on 9Gag for some fun but now I just open TikTok and get a good laugh :smiley:

1 Like

What would be worth pointing out is that I’m on coax and the data cap is well below half tb.
The isp we have at home ( no choices can be made even from coax ones) given using another one would affect the buildings cosmetics.

2 Likes

I never understood the concept of data caps on home connections :thinking:
Thankfully they don’t exist here lol.

2 Likes

Almost full fibre coverage in Toronto:

Edit: this is Bell’s 500/500 plan.

5 Likes

“faster than 99% of CA” :stuck_out_tongue:

Perk of being a Torontonian :wink:

1 Like

That, and being nearly underwater?

1 Like