Hivelocity Re-Introduces cPanel Flat Rate Pricing

As many of you already know, on June 27th cPanel (now owned by Oakley Capital Investment Group via acquisition last year) announced plans to introduce all new-pricing for their control panel software. This all-new pricing was a shock to the system for the hosting industry as a whole considering cPanel maintains roughly 70% market share in the US and over 30% across the globe. It would be naïve to think cPanel would not eventually raise their prices considering they were acquired by an investment group and prior to that, had not raised prices in over a decade. A modest price increase is what should have been expected but that is not what we got. cPanel raised base pricing by over 20% AND introduced a whole new billing methodology that increases costs with each account over 100 added to a server. With many cPanel users having built their business models around a predictable static fee associated with their management software, this shift created scenarios where once prosperous cPanel reliant businesses were potentially no longer viable. This is where Hivelocity comes in.

Hivelocity is proud to announce today that it is bringing flat fees and predictable cPanel licensing back to the hosting and IaaS industry. “The more successful our customers are the more successful we will be,” has been our mantra since 2002 and we have no intention of losing that core philosophy now. It gives us great pleasure to announce Hivelocity’s go forward, flat rate cPanel pricing:

1. 1-500 Accounts - $32/month
2. 500-1000 Accounts - $65/month

For those of you who have not studied cPanel’s new pricing structure, we highly encourage you to do so now to fully grasp how aggressive our pricing is. In addition to being incredibly generous, the Hivelocity two-tier pricing model allows you to run your business as you always have, with sound knowledge of what your server bill is going to be each and every month. No need to hire an accountant, no need to over-analyze your cPanel bill every month, no need to worry every time you add a new account that your bill is going up….no need to change anything.

Hivelocity wants you to succeed. Hivelocity wants you to focus on growing your business and making a great living for you and your loved ones. Hivelocity knows that when we put you in the best position to succeed, you will, and so will we.

Existing customers will continue to pay the flat rate of $25 per month for cPanel on their Hivelocity dedicated servers until October 1st and be billed within the two-tier model thereafter. New bare-metal sign-ups will be presented with the two-tier pricing model described below “effective immediately” (inside joke for those of you who have been following the cPanel pricing drama).

In addition to cPanel Hivelocity offers, Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webmin and SolusVM control panels for those of you wanting to transition to a new control panel altogether. For anyone who is using cPanel with another provider, we do offer free migration in many cases and migration assistance in all cases. Hivelocity also offers Proactive Managed Services for cPanel and Linux Servers should you need extra help maintaining your dedicated server. You can discuss a new server and migration with one of our Account Managers via live chat, phone or email.

Visit us at https://www.hivelocity.net for more information. cPanel pricing can be found within the cart of any dedicated server we offer. Tech Support works on-prem and available 24/7/365 to our customers via phone, chat and ticket. Our Sales Dept works 9am-10pm Monday through Friday and is happy to answer any questions you have via phone, chat or ticket.

9 Likes

Well done. This is hard-work on maths… :slight_smile:

Nice marketing btw!

2 Likes

Is this price also applicable to Incero dedis?

This pricing also applies to Incero Dedicated Servers.

Edit: Sincerest Apologies I was not accurate on this.

2 Likes

Ryan is actually wrong…for the moment. We are in the process of evaluating Incero accounts to see if we can make this same offer. Our ability to eat the costs of cPanel’s licensing becomes more limited on servers that are priced so low already. I am not saying we are not offering the same cPanel pricing, I am just saying we haven’t yet. Give us a few days to complete our analysis and announce what we are going to do.

Sorry for the mix up.

6 Likes

Just don’t rise the prices of the Incero dedis to cover cPanel licenses :smirk:

4 Likes

Our 2-tier pricing cPanel pricing will also apply to existing Incero customers with cPanel. New Incero server orders can get this same deal only on servers that are $89/month and higher.

1 Like

We will be offering a 3rd tier for those of you who manage to stuff over 1000 accounts onto a single cPanel server. This 3rd tier will start at 1001 accounts and cost $32/month + $.10 per additional account.

In summary:

• Tier 1: 1-500 accounts $32/month
  • Tier 2: 501-1000 accounts $65/month
  • Tier 3: 1001+ accounts $117/month + $.10 per account over 1000 (i.e. $32/month + $.10 per account over 150)

The 3rd tier might be a little confusing for some so please feel free to reach out to me via DM or our Sales Team via phone, chat or email if you have any questions. https:///www.hivelocity.net

Tomorrow is the day to move. I was excited until…

Mine is cheaper :(:frowning_face:

Makes sense, they gotta pay for it somehow.

Francisco

2 Likes

I know. It looks like I will move to DA you know where.

EDIT: I mean, I will move the cPanel VM, everything else stays with Incero :grin:

In addition to what already said, you pays less there is generally less flexibility available due to the business model and not just to this.

For example, some premium data centers will let you get your components swapped out with no questions and no diagnoses required. So if you don’t like that 4 years old drive “just because” they will change that for you without asking you if it performing poorly or such.

Try doing that at budget or even “value optimized” data center and they will at least question you about it if not make you shut down the server to run a live CD diagnosis. If it just the age, forget about them changing it just to “please” you. Just because your paying less for the machine(s).

I’m happy with Incero (and SpeedyKVM) and their prices. I know how it works.

Maybe you guys got me wrong: I just thought I was elegible for the promo, it happens I am not, and that’s it.

Did I sound like I was begging for a license? Sorry about that, it’s not the intention at all. There are more solutions in situations like mine.

2 Likes