hostEONS - BOGOF VPS (KVM LA/NY) | Free BLESTA and DA | RAID 10 SSD | 100 Mbps Unmetered

Sorry about listing too many offers in a single thread, but you can still get Blesta if you want, just submit a ticket and specify if you need it for one vps or both VPS, i’ll have BLESTA activated for you

How can anyone be more transparent than listing in their AUP that something is not allowed? And why does a provider need to justify why they allow or disallow anything in specific? I am sorry but you really do not make a lot of sense here. As a provider, they are entitled to allow or disallow anything they please.

1 Like

You can start by providing a valid justification instead of immediately dismissing the criticism.

A provider does not need to justify why they include things within their AUP. Similarly, customers don’t need to purchase services from a company that isn’t willing to come to bat for their policies.

or

Which is it???

You asked 1. how can a provider be more transparent 2. why does a provider even need to be transparent.

Which is it???

To quote you:

How and why are not the same … sure a provider CAN be more transparent, but WHY is it necessary? It is their choice what to allow or disallow.

And honestly at this point it just seems that you want the last word here.

That’s not what your original question implies and at this point, you’re deliberately trying to move the goalposts.

No. You asked me to clarify my position. I clarified my position. You are now trying to claim that I’m being contradictory, because I answered the questions you wanted me to answer, and I am saying that’s not the case.

So which is it? What exactly is it that you want me to answer?

I’m happy to move this to PMs so this doesn’t detract from the original post.

I honestly do not want you to answer anything. I am just stating the obvious, which you want to argue … the provider can allow or disallow anything that they want. They do not need to be more transparent about why as it is their choice. As a consumer you also have a choice, and that choice is to select a different provider.

And no, we are not moving this to PM’s as I am done here. As you should be too.

If you’re making a statement, you should phrase it as a statement in the future, instead of claiming that someone doesn’t make sense and demanding an explanation from them. This is a good philosophy to live by: don’t be ambiguous.

In this case, you weren’t trying to state anything. You were looking to argue this point, and I responded to your points respectfully. You can agree to disagree here, that’s fine, but picking a fight and then trying to run is bad form. I am happy to concede that people don’t have to agree with my position.

@LAN ok to be transparent what exactly should a provider say to make it transparent as per your expectations .

And where exactly a provider is supposed to state it ?

Can we stop badgering this provider? They’ve given their terms and if you don’t like them, don’t buy. This is a friendly community, and this isn’t feeling very friendly.

8 Likes

Understood.

2 Likes

lol this thread sure got bumped a lot …

personally, I am inclined to believe that @hostEONS is really quite a decent provider - based on my own (so far limited but very positive) experience with their support.

And this two-for-one thing seems like a pretty sweet deal for anyone who might be curious to find out for themself just what I’m talking about when I say that.

As much as I appreciate what tor relays are all about … I’m not going to fault any provider for choosing to let someone else serve that particularly refined (and perhaps, potentially somewhat opinionated and demanding) class of customer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Your CTO likes Greta Thunberg :blush:

https://twitter.com/kapiljain_78

1 Like

Yup she is doing something good

@Jarland could you please delete the useless discussion above? Provider friendly would apply here, the argument was useless tho.

@hostEONS good luck with your sale!

4 Likes

Agreed. It is a free world, customer can chose who they want to do business with and same goes for the businesses.

If you decided to go with a provider, you will have to follow their policy, if not, there’s millions of hosts out there to chose from. This should not have to be a public shit show.

3 Likes

Just to try and understand, if I click the “KVM VPS 2” link for example, the “billing cycle” dropdown shows $4/month, but the “order summary” box shows $2/month. Then ordering the second VPS in NY shows another $2/month. I’m really just trying to understand the monthly cost of the bundle in total, which I assume would be $4?

Yes correct regular price of VPS 2 package is $4 but with this package you will be paying total $4 and get 2 VPS

If any further doubts feel free to ask

Got it! Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like