I Have to Laugh

I need this option for my cell phone. Maybe that would ward off the spam calls that slip through. If you would like this call to go through, pay $15,000. Obviously whitelist the calls that matter, but hey 1 in 1 Million.

1 Like

I thought those things (spam calls) do not happen in the US.

If only. If Iā€™m at my computer when I get a ring from an unknown number ill quickly Google the number before I answer to see if itā€™s been reported as a spam call. And if Iā€™m not at a computer, I let it go to voicemail ā€“ theyā€™ll leave a message if itā€™s important enough.

2 Likes

Letā€™s be honest here. Has anyone taken up on any of those 3 options? Awaiting your answer.

Google Assistant canā€™t update fast enough. That Pixel-only feature is amazing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty neat! Didnā€™t know something like that was in the works

1 Like

It is probably mostly a joke. Iā€™d love to have a page like that though. It would be a good thing to link to solicitors who donā€™t seem to get the hint that we donā€™t want to listen to their pitch on livechat. :rofl:

2 Likes

This one makes me laugh even more.
50$ MONTHLY for a simple SMTP drop rule? seriously?

1 Like

Iā€™m not that famous.
True caller blocks the ads etc

1 Like

This. Also, the DnD registry is a joke.

1 Like

Iā€™m abandoning my Verizon number as soon as I can over it. All calls from within the US. There appears to be one company that is performing such a massive and illegal operation right now, and the government agency that handles it appears to be reluctant to stop playing solitaire long enough to deal with it :frowning:

The government is waiting to see if the industry takes care of the problem before taking action. There is actually a pretty significant effort going on with some of the carriers because they fear whatever the government proposes will be more troublesome to deal with. See SHAKEN/STIR.

1 Like

Option 4: $7

For those interested, thereā€™s a Reply All episode about robocalls: #135 Robocall: Bang Bang | Reply All

Being from Europe I had no idea it was so common in US

1 Like

I would answer but there is noone picking up. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like