KNOWNHOST VPS & CLOUD SPECIALS – MANAGED HOSTING WITH SOME BALLS! NEW PLANS, NEW PRICES, NEW PROMOS and.. KVM CLOUD VPS SERVERS!

If you have a website you don’t need a VPS for we have our shared hosting as well

1 Like

Holy smokes! I had no idea KH started offering shared/reseller hosting :open_mouth:

Yes it is something we recently started re-offering. :blush:

I may sign up just for the account and perhaps move something across at some point.

How does it compare to ramnode? (FWIW their mailchannels facility swung it for me even though I use mxroute for email and their NL location).

What’s your uptime?

Do you have EU locations? It seems that you hosted in your Dallas Texas DC. How does that compare speedwise for people in Europe or Asia?

How will you or do you comply with GDPR?

Do you use LUKs?

My previous hosts have been awful so wary of shared hosting these days. Even ones recommended (not naming names for now but well known ones!) tend to be disappointing when you actually need their help.

How does it compare to ramnode? (FWIW their mailchannels facility swung it for me even though I use mxroute for email and their NL location).

Personally I haven’t had any experience with ramnode in years. But you can see from our positive reviews on forums such as Webhostingtalk people have been quite happy with our services for years. :slight_smile:

What’s your uptime?

Both #1 & 2 are us. We merged the RVPS brand into KH a couple years ago. Virtual Private Hosting | Webhost Ranking - Hyperspin

Do you have EU locations? It seems that you hosted in your Dallas Texas DC. How does that compare speedwise for people in Europe or Asia?

We only have EU for our MVPS plans. Our Shared & Reseller Cloud are only located in Texas at the moment.

How will you or do you comply with GDPR?

We are Monitoring it but do not have any planned changes at this time.

Do you use LUKs?

This is not something that we have implemented.

My previous hosts have been awful so wary of shared hosting these days. Even ones recommended (not naming names for now but well known ones!) tend to be disappointing when you actually need their help.

Our average response time for support tickets is under 2 minutes and unlike most hosts our support is 100% US based in Birmingham Alabama. We do our very best to never disappoint.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read in their forums, KnownHost seems to be the ideal company you’d signup for if you need managed hosting. These guys will do their best to help you, even if you don’t know what an email account is.

1 Like

Am I right in thinking that you offer a 100% uptime guarantee?

Hands down best managed host around.

3 Likes

Reliable hosts provide a service level agreement (SLA) which sets a clear minimum for how much uptime customers can expect. KnownHost customers have a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which provides assurance that their website will not suffer a lengthy disruption from hardware failures, DDoS attacks, or inadequate content management system (CMS) maintenance.

Despite the 99.9% uptime guarantee, at the time of this post, KnownHost has been steadily running with an uptime average of 99.996% – the industry best uptime performance!

1 Like

Close. :wink:

99.9%

Doctors have found a way to solve all Linux-based problems!

yum remove systemd -y
halt
2 Likes

Make sure you install sysvinit first, or you’re going to just end up panicing.

If you’re going to strip systemd, might as well use OpenRC for the init system… s6 is actually a nice system, I’ve moved most of the heavier docker images to s6-overlay and then just use tini for the rest. But I’ve grown kind of fond of systemd. I really abstract a ton of that out to Ansible/Puppet.

I have a website on shared hosting using full CPU (saw it on cPanel) when I hit 900 concurrent visitors (according to Google Analytics, I believe real concurrency could be 300). I need to be prepared for 2k concurrent visitors, website went offline days ago.

I don’t have any idea if the MVPS-2 is what I need, disk space on the lower plan is more than enough and Cloudflare takes care for most of the bandwith. Can I upgrade later with the same 30% discount?

Our MVPS plans sound like they will be a good fit for you. :smiley:

The discounts do carry over when upgrading VPS plans or changing the billing period.

Something is wrong in the shopping cart. It happens on desktop too, but it’s worst in mobile.

We are not seeing any issues with our cart could you try again? Also do you maybe have Javascript disabled by chance?

Thanks!

Nope, Javascript is enabled. Different devices, different networks. Same issue.

It’s a popup.

Will try again on Monday :slight_smile:

We modified some code relating to the popup that might have been causing the issue you were seeing. Could you try again when you get a chance? Also make sure to Hard Refresh prior to trying.

Thanks!

CAAAPS CAAAPS OH its stuck, DAMIT.

1 Like