LET "Changes Are Coming"

You left your persona for a second there.

3 Likes

Aww. I was really hoping for a Brokeback Mountain sequel.

1 Like

It puts on the Taylor Swift wig. It does as it is told or it gets null routed again!

3 Likes
1 Like

Not gonna happen.

From what Iā€™ve observed over the years, the guy is all talk but no act.

If he does act this round, that means itā€™s pretty desperate.

3 Likes

No IPv6 != change :confused:

3 Likes

Do we really care about LET changes? :thinking: Hostballs rocks. Thatā€™s all that matters :wink:

7 Likes

8 Likes

The changes are not coming. Iā€™ve talked to chris on discord for a bit, and iā€™m pretty convinced that changes are NOT coming.

9 Likes

Changes? :joy:

3 Likes

Of course changes wonā€™t happen. I pretty much quit browsing LET ever since I joined HostBalls and havenā€™t looked back. The only thing I still keep an eye out for is the offer board.

4 Likes

I called it. Never seen the guy act on his words previously.

Still don't know what I was waitin' for
    And my time was runnin' wild
    A million dead end streets and
    Every time I thought I'd got it made
    It seemed the taste was not so sweet
    So I turned myself to face me
    But I've never caught a glimpse
    How the others must see the faker
    I'm much too fast to take that test

I made chris aware of the negative comments on most of the providers listed there. He promised to tell some guy to stop posting the CC-based brands. That lasted 3 or 4 days, then they were back.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, any and all scammy tactics happening on LEB are fully ColoCrossing and Deluxeā€™s responsibility, as they have been made fully aware and acknowledged the issues themselves.

For all I care anyone who needs to get their money back from some shady host or other should just file a claim with ColoCrossing and/or Deluxe.

It is their platform, they decide what gets posted there. Itā€™s their brands they feature. They get the money from the ads AND the money from the resellers. They have been made aware of the negative feedback, both in private and in public. Any fallout that occurs from thereonout is on them.

As such, Iā€™d advise any provider looking into being featured on LEB to re-think their decision as it will put them in the same heaping pile of shit that the rest of LEB has become and theyā€™ll get their reputation tarnished by association.

The only company thatā€™s been featured on LEB in recent time that Iā€™m actually entrusting with hosting my services is InceptionHosting by @AnthonySmith, but mainly because he did give them the benefit of the doubt when being featured and has been vocal about the lack of change on the site afterwards. (yes Ant, I do actually have some services with you, pretty satisfied with them although I have not yet set up monitoring on them)

6 Likes

@teamacc

Although I left LET long before your admin/stepdown/blockade by CC, I appreciate you putting your dick on the line for your morals. Youā€™re a good guy, and you can sleep well at night knowing youā€™ve done the right thing.

3 Likes

I think you are wasting too much energy on this.

3 Likes

The issue at hand is that there still are people who run into LEB and get burned.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anybody here who didnā€™t within the last few years. Canā€™t forget the 4GB/4 CORE HVH OVZs (that seem to run at about 200Mhz with a 700Mhz clock rate), now can we?

1 Like

Personally couldnā€™t care less about people who want to go below what is already bottom barrel.

Let them get burned. They wonā€™t learn from it.

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and all voluntarily :smile: