Let's Talk About WordPress

Sure i understand your point of view . i would see if is too complicated i would stay with centminmod. For my needs is far enough to be honest. Not a huge traffic so i guess it is more for pros. Thanks for the link

Ah sorry it was @404error who is using ApisCP.

I’m not familiar with Centinmod. But as mentioned, caching/etc to reduce TTFB only goes so far is the page is loaded with Javascript, etc.

For the majority of sites, if it’s not bloated with too many plugins and the theme is slimline enough, there’s no need to go digging into server config files.

1 Like

For a WP site using Divi theme, want to create a form with some checklist entries and upon submit post values selected into a contact form (on the same page or separate page, doesn’t matter, doesn’t have to be fancy. Can use Divi or some other/self-programmed form), how would you go about this? :slight_smile:

Yes centminmod is good may be ttfb was/is high i have read that it could be caused by cf. So i have ignore it. Generally speaking over gtmetrix i have 99 so everything as an amateur is done and covered. Yes i am using small numbers of plugins and the theme is done pretty well so it is ok. 0.2 seconds to ttfb if i am not wrong. But i guess that in the very best case scenario it could be 0.1 sec london-germany so the margin of improvement is not sensitive ( for my case scenario)

edit: 97 on gtmetrix i have said 99 error , sorry

Nope, the only lifetime deal I’ve ever gotten was a VPN deal :wink:

1 Like

Must have been someone else then hmm :smiley:

1 Like

Quite honestily, when it comes to forms. I’m tend to favor Fluent Forms. I like to have a central place from where to manage all the forms/entries of a site.

1 Like

Oh, thanks … Well, it’s not just about making a form, I want to add a checkbox after various blocks/items spread all over a rather large page, then a button or something at the end of the page. This part is easy. But I need to add some action to fetch those selected values and parse as text into a simple textarea or something in a form (same page or not, probably don’t need JS/AJAX etc). I just never did stuff like this inside WP/theme, just wondering about the approach, where to put the code … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still think you can do it with Fluent Forms.
Other than that, You’re left with the DIVI HTML blocks, or the Shortcode if you need to run PHP.

1 Like

So my wordpress question is simple.

I want a basic, free template, that can make modern looking websites that are predominantly text based with a handful of images and the odd embedded video.

I don’t need a ton of customisation but it would be good if I can change colours of the header, footer and sidebar (I know this can be done by code editing but I’d like to keep out of the code). Ideally a full page width template as well as one with a sidebar.

What would people recommend? What are your go tos? Or are you all mainly using more beefy page builders and advanced templates?

Nothing wrong with them but they feel overkill for 99.9% of my requirements.

1 Like

Would I need Pro? (I think it’s a bit to pricey for this non-profit I’m doing this for.) :slight_smile:

Not sure, but I can send it to you.
NPO’s should be helped :slight_smile:

I think you can get by with the Astra theme (free) and Guttenberg.

1 Like

Will have a look, thanks!

1 Like

Give Blocksy a try :slight_smile:

Free Gutenberg and WooCommerce WordPress Theme - Blocksy

3 Likes

this post growing so fast. someone should fix a mxwordpress.com

1 Like

The link is broken :frowning:

no, its works as intended. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Btw, I’m having 1-years Neve license that I don’t need . Does anyone want to exchange?

Does Google Adsense slow down your wordpress site?