Lifetime/One-time Deals Worth Considering

Some of the discussions I observed were based on legal advice. Established developers already tried to dispute the terms, unsuccessfully.

I’m new to WordPress and I was advised by someone in the WordPress space for “ages” to use gplvault, it’s nice. But I have my personal approach to it.
Basically I use it to test premium plugins at will, and buy the ones I like directly from the developer when a discount comes around.
I already bought quite a few… that I probably wouldn’t have if I didnt came accross that site. So in a way, gplvault can work in favor of the plugin developer.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

The password manager I use (Enpass ) is reduced from 50$ to 25$ until January 2nd :slight_smile: I bought it back when it was offered for 10$ but in November they introduced a subscription based model + one time charge was upped to 50$. May be worth considering. The Desktop version is available for free without limits but mobile device apps are limited to 25 entries if you don’t purchase it. Using it since 3?! years. Great tool :wink:

1 Like

Does it offer anything over BitWarden?

1 Like

Not sure, there are lots of Password managers out there. I’ve been happy with it though. Everything I need: Desktop, Browser Extension and Mobile. No recurring fees. GSync.

Any experience with Sendfox here as opposed to Mailchannels? It’s on Appsumo for some 50$ :slight_smile:

I personally self-host with bitwarden_rs

2 Likes

Cba to self host :smiley:

Nope, Bitwarden beats Enpass hands down.

Enpass is designed to store password databases locally and therefore requires a cloud account to synchronize the database across devices. Pretty much the same concept as Keepass, where Keepass has been audited and proven to be reliable and I have my doubts with Enpass. The whole reason I stopped using Keepass is because of the poor browser integration and the fact that the sync needs to be performed manually on my mobile phone whereas Bitwarden syncs the database as soon as I unlock the app plus I can access my passwords from a web interface which is helpful when I’m on a different device.

3 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll keep it in mind if Enpass shall ever let me down :slight_smile:

1 Like

In before @Wolveix splitting this into a “Password Manager Discussion Thread” but just pick whatever suits you best :slight_smile: I’ve decided on Bitwarden a long time ago and it hasn’t let me down since. It runs at my homeserver in a Docker container which makes maintenance and updates a joke, plus data storage is pretty secure. It should run fine on a Raspberry as well, you should definitely give it a try when you have some time on your hands.

I’ve yet to see a password manager as good as Bitwarden - but others may have completely different reasons to prefer a password manager and as long as it floats your own boat it’s all good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ll keep it in mind but likewise gonna stick to Enpass until it lets me down :smiley:

1 Like

Enpass is awesome. Paid $10 a year ago for Android and now it says I have premium in every platform.

1 Like

I also paid the 10$ hehe :smiley: Even 25$ would be totally worth it. Lifetime, unlimited devices.

1 Like

Bitwarden all the way.

1 Like

CSS Hero for WordPress is also still on Discount if anyone was considering it :slight_smile:

Shodan 1$ lifetime is best but i missed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got it luckily hehe :smiley: Never used it though.

You haven’t used it yet? I’m currently using free plan with search limit but it’s still very helpful =))

1 Like

I only logged in and checked tried some “recent” queries but nothing with a real objective.

1 Like

It’s be helpful someday :wink:

1 Like