Lifetime/One-time Deals Worth Considering

what’s the benefit of this over koofr?

I was able to get the 1tb at even less when there was a 40% off discount.

1 Like

Hey guys, I am mostly a backend dev and I am looking for something where I can quickly spin up launch pages and be able to put a nice frontend over various web apps without too much fuss without having to deal with CSS stuff at all because I hate it. I have had my eye on Pinegrow for a while but it may be overkill for my needs. Bootstrap shuffle looks like a good option…any other ideas? I just want something really simple that creates nice UIs for project sites, both launch/splsh static pages but also admin stuff too. I am so backend so I just want something thatcan easily look nice and professional :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have heard good things about pCloud, but never used it. Koofr is super solid so far and has awesome speeds. Servers in Germany with Hetzner iirc. And Europe based (no idea about pcloud).

I have Pinegrow and it is just a frontend builder afaik. That is not to say you can’t code backend, too. Pinegrow project preview live syncs with some code editors so any changes you make outside of Pinegrow with that code editor are directly applied.

I think they have a trial, too. Has a steep learning curve and I haven’t mastered it yet but it offers the most liberties among its’ kind, I think. Bootstrap Studio locks you e.g. to project templates from them, Pinegrow let’s you import any HTML template or just enter a URL and it will import it directly (e.g. www.thatsiteyoulike.com). Bootstrap Shuffle does look nice but somehow I couldn’t convince myself to take the deal.

2 Likes

It seems someoen was able to pinpoint AS BF deals for 2020.

1 Like

I dont’ think there is any builder out there for backend’s UI.
But let’s be frank, I keep seeing Metronic all over the place. Chances are high that it is just what you need.

1 Like

Those look terrible…tons of 3 star apps…I don’t see any that I remember being that popular… :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for this. Divjoy is doing another special too: Divjoy - The React Codebase Generator

they seem pretty versatile but I ran up against some stuff when I tested them last, may revisit it

@Ympker Hah turns out my partner had some old license from 2014 so we’re using that now, score! I tend to trust Koofr more as well. I got an Icedrive deal and they are running another 2tb one, can’t find the link now but it’s more than the pcloud and koofr offer I think. I am kind of on the fence about them because I have had some issues with rclone and in their privacy policy it says that while they supposedly use “better encryption” they will check your file hashes against some database, which bums me out and defeats the point. They also were supposed to be building it out more to be a full dropbox replacement but aren’t yet. Anyway I prefer Koofr best and you can even upgrade to a lifetime XXL with 2 tb or more, maybe, inside the app.

1 Like

I’ve bough pcloud 2tb lifetime a couple of black fridays ago and I can confirm that it’s a very solid product run by a trustable company.
Since this year it’s also possible the location of the servers (US or Europe) where to keep the files.

I’ve also bought the 1TB koofr and, while it looks like it’s a good solution from the technical standpoint (it’s actively developed with new features constantly added) we are talking about a much much smaller company here; for this reason I don’t feel completely safe to keep critical data on it, and I still have to find a good use for this 1TB (maybe for secondary backups?).

Both services are supported by rclone, which is the (great) method I’m using to interface with all the cloud solutions I use.

1 Like

Yeah pretty dissapointing really. Was expecting appsumo to bring heavy hitters.

1 Like

Glorify is running another Ltd offer this bf.

https://start.glorifyapp.com/black-friday-lifetime-deal/

I don’t have it, but I’ve heard good things about it.

2 Likes

Also don’t think I’ll grab anything from that list.

I have it. Worth every penny imho.

1 Like

Do you still reccomend it at 97$(solo) / 197$ (team fo 3) for someone who already has crello , stencil , pixteller, pixlr ?
Looking at all the features and integrations the product looks really interesting, but the marketing on websites and via email has been very aggressive since the beginning (and they were also trying to pump the fomo all the time like if it was the last chance to buy it lifetime but they are offering it again and again) and the price is not that cheap, also considering that they are not sharing a cut to any lifetime deal platform.

If I remember correctly that last year the LTD was also going for about 100$ but if I’m not wrong more users were included (but, at least in the official offer, the icon 8 bundle was not included).

What is your opinion as a user? Would you buy it for your small team for 197$ ?

I think I bought it at 197$ back then? The old LTD that is which has been honored and is better than the current sale, I understand. I also use Crello, but I think Glorify adds some extra value :slight_smile:
Could be worth it, still.

There’s something about Glorify that makes me unease, I was surprised they did not give the finger to the previous ltd when they launched 2.0. Because usually, this is a way to cut updates to previous buyers.
Thinking about it now… I think it’s about trust, in this case, lack thereof.

1 Like

Upon their first LTD and launch, I talked to Omar (the owner) for like half an hour on phone asking about their future plans, the current situation and other things. I felt in good hands back then, and when I called I was answered immediately (no queue or just dead end). Just my two cents though. Not sure what sets it really apart from Crello or similar but I like it.

1 Like

I was beginning to think seriously about using pCloud until I came across some concerning reviews about data loss and syncing problems.

https://www.trustpilot.com/users/5f15f07ded6cc382b7b33125
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5edfcca87dd75305e0c1d7d4
https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5e962c80086b6409bc848d97

2 Likes

I’ve used them for 2-3 years without issues.
Support has always been helpful (reported some earlier issues with iOS app).
No performance issue, transferred 500 GB, utililized my 80 Mbps connection fully.

1 Like

That’s helpful to know, thanks for sharing. It’s hard to tell if the reviews are legitimate.