• Intel server power management improvements

Read up here :

Multi Path TCP
https://www.multipath-tcp.org

mptcp1

mptcp2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multipath_TCP

2 Likes

How many more CIS HET males have been removed from the mainstream? This is IOMPORTANT TO ME.

The neckbeards went either extinct (no kids) or left Linux for the different flavors of BSD.

I am excited for WireGuard :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some say you can still hear their cries of “systemd” into the late hours of the night. An intractable torment that drove them all mad with despair and rage. “SysV” they once would cackle, “SysV!!!” but it was no more.

3 Likes

I like runit. I mean, it’s djb inspired and all…

I was just about to post about this, since I read about it today:

This is really exciting! It’s taken a very long time to get to this point :slight_smile: I imagine we’ll start seeing embedded devices (routers, etc) with WireGuard support since the core functionality is directly in the kernel now.

1 Like

Still no unity game engine in the linux kernel? Or is that supposed to be part of the next systemd?

2 Likes

5.6 merge window ends today, so RC1 should be out soon.

1 Like

WireGuard is awesome, glad it got integrated into the kernel. Never heard of multi path TCP but it sounds very interesting. Anyone had any real world experience with it here?

1 Like

WireGuard in the kernel is going to be great…when it comes to the distros I use, that is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I do. It’s very fast and reliable.

2 Likes

Using userspace WireGuard in OpenVZ nodes. Works well.

3 Likes

Loving WireGuard as a package, it’s become my go to VPN the last couple of months. So I’m definitely looking forward to it in the kernel, especially since keeping it running on a RPi has been challenging.

2 Likes

You know your VPN provider is good when you forget that your connected :wink:

1 Like

Use Debian testing and get the latest packages :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Debian Testing as my daily driver :sweat_smile:

1 Like

WireGuard kernel module is now enabled by default in Debian (experimental):

This should be hitting testing relatively soon.

5 Likes

Yes!!!

Linux 5.6 is out, which means WireGuard is now at version 1.0.0. The first ‘stable’ release! :smiley:

Reddit - Dive into anything

6 Likes