LiteSpeed Cache or W3 Total Cache (openlitespeed)

Hello i’ve installed cyberpanel with openlitespeed and now i’m planning migrate few wordpress sites, some of them have large databases (200mb-400mb), i was using redis database cache with w3 total cache plugin on my old server (apache+nginx) and in this installation i don’t know if is better use litespeed cache plugin instead w3 total cache cuz:

1- If i use litespeed cache i need a alternative to database cache (i didn’t found any other plugin wich do that with redis)

2- If i keep using w3 total cache i don’t know if is fully compatible with openlitespeed, because adds lot of rules to htaccess file.

3- do i use both?

Use Litespeed Cache for everything it supports, and W3 Total Cache for the other features that you need. Just take care not to enable page caching / minify etc on both because it may break your site. This is what I am doing on my OLS server :slight_smile:

3 Likes

W3TC is a POS. LSCache all the way!

1 Like

Litespeed Cache is the way to go, also make as many parts of your blogs static as possible.

For example :

1 Like

Careful, CyberPanel is a piece of crap. So many bugs, some have quite a large impact as well…

To actually answer your question, LSCache performs better since the caching works differently.
Definitely don’t use both!

No need to, that’s what caching does.

4 Likes

cache enabler is love

I’d recommend to use LSCache instead of W3 Total Cache.

1 Like

just whatever you do, for the love of god keep it to 1 or 2 plugin caches. the amount of people I see with like 5+ is ridiculous

5 Likes

Personally, I like to load 40,000 on my 512MB service and let them duke it out.