Looking for Lots of CPUs

Long time no chat folks!

I’m working on a new project and I’m interested in a lot of options. However, right now I’m looking for lots of CPUs. Right now I’m working with a group of AMD EPYC 7401 (24 cores @ 2.20 GHz), 64 GB RAM, and 2x 480GB SSDs. It’s perfect for what I need but I want to look for a cheaper option.

For now, I’m interested in one AMD EPYC 7401 with 64 GB RAM and 2x 480 GB SSDs (or equivalent in cores and clock speed) in the United States.

I don’t expect to find what I’m looking for here but it’s always worth a chat. Cheers!

tldr: I want lots of CPUs. 48 threads +more with SSD storage and enough RAM to run my code on.

The 7401 has a Geekbench 4 multi-core score of around 24k and a PassMark of 20k. The i9-9900k in Hetzner’s EX62-NVMe (which comes with 64GB RAM and 2x1TB NVMe SSDs) has a Geekbench 4 multi-core score of 36k and a 20k PassMark. Bonus: Over an annual term, the cost is less than 80 USD in Finland.

1 Like

Good call thanks.

I think I forgot to mention that I’m looking for a solution more state-side (US-based). I’ll update the primary post to reflect this. Thanks!

Is there a specific budget for this and/or time frame commitment?

1 Like

Webnx had a good deal on Ryzen 3900x/128gb ram/1.2tb nvme for $190 or 3800x for $150