Mechanical Keyboard Recommendations?

How about cleaning it ? A soft paint brush ?

I thought you said mechanical keyboard, not frankenstein keyboard! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

What?

Hahaha, I wasn’t planning for anything like this. But after doing a lot of research, I’m very happy with my decision :smiley: I just need to choose some key caps.

1 Like

I ended up picking up a Vortex Pok3r LE with Cherry Browns from a guy on Reddit (via r/mechmarket) for now as the Lily58 Pro won’t be available from a UK retailer until next month. Really enjoying the keyboard so far, though 60% is going to take some getting used to :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Would be curious on a follow-up with a Lily 58 if you go down this route. I have a Realforce 87U (:heart: Topre), oneness with the cup as the old marketing suggests, but open to a split keyboard layout - either that or ErgoDox.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to post about it once I order, receive and have a chance to use mine :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What is this one, like 45%?

Keyboard with full Chinese alphabet :

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a 40% :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I love my keyboardio, which is split but not the low end of the price scale. I also have the case for portability.

and just for fun (of course), I have a bat keyboard with 7 keys total

I got a Topre RealForce full size 102/104 or something. Lovely, fits me well :ok_hand::grin:

I totally forgot to update this :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had my Lily58 Pro with Kailh Box Royal switches for a few months now. I definitely hated it for the first 3 or so weeks, it was a huge hinderence on my productivity, so I had my original keyboard as a backup in time-sensetive situations.

After those few weeks though, I became just as productive with it as I was with my original keyboard. 3 months on, I’m not mostly past where I was at with my original keyboard :smiley: It took a few attempts to find a keymap that worked well for me, but I’m really happy with my decision to buy this keyboard now, and I couldn’t imagine switching back to a normal non-ortho layout.

1 Like

I’m pretty satisfied with that Ducky ONE 2 SF Gaming Tastatur (MX Silver) I’ve bought this summer!
A Lily58 Pro would kill me, I fear. :hugs:

1 Like

Not used a mechanical keyboard for a long time. Do these still make s distinct clicking sound? Any way to silence or reduce sound to not disturb others?

Try the Anne Pro! You can do wired or bluetooth. Lots of cool color settings :slight_smile:

The sound is down to the key switch. Cherry MX Blue switches are known for being clicky, as are Gateron Blues.

1 Like

Mhmm I am looking to get a ducky one 2 for work with mx slient keys but for now I don’t have the budget anymore.