Media Centre Stuff

I’m bored.

What kind of TV you have? What kind of TV would you like to have?

What’s the most important thing you see when you are buying a new TV or home video center?

I have a 4K 49’ Samsung TV and a Samsung 5.1 home theater with the speakers very well distributed in the walls. Enough video quality for me and it sounds awesome!

I currently have a 7-year old Samsung UE46ES5500 and some Philips home cinema I can’t remember the series from. Looking to buy a 55+ inch TV later this year / beginning of next year when we buy a house.

We don’t have a TV, but I do have an ex-DJ setup amp + speakers we use in the front room. Just got some harmon kardon soundsticks in the office.

1 Like

~12 year old 32" 720p Sony, and a 10(?) year old 42" Panasonic plasma. I don’t use either of them very much. When one dies I’ll get a cheap 55" for the living room, insane how much prices have dropped over the years.

1 Like

Oculus Quest and a good pair of headphones. Otherwise happy with my Samsung 4k tv and it’s built in speakers.

1 Like

I got a 55 inch Sony 4K in our living room. Also got a Bang Olufsen MX8000 CRT in the game room, perfect for retro gaming sessions.

They double as dildo’s

1 Like

Thanks for confirming - saves me a job…

1 Like

Samsung 49inch 4k in the living room and a 10 year old 32 Samsung 1080p in the bedroom… In the living room a chromecast, curved Samsung soundbar and an Xbox. In the bedroom a chromecast and a pi 4 running libreelec for Kodi.

I suspect the bedroom TV will be next on the upgrade list…

The spare room, kitchen and my daughters room both have 22inch nonbrand 1080p with Roku, pi and xbox on them respectively.

I have a 2015 Kindle Fire that was rooted and runs Fire Nexus (basically a faster Nexus 7 build w/ SD). Good enough for Mobdro, Hulu, and YouTube- but YT magically started having buffering issues with many of my common channels- but nothing trending.

They might get uninstalled completely.

Try YouTube Vanced. Might help cut out all the bloat.

3 Likes

The non-root works fine; I looked at the prereqs for the root one, and I may try it later. Cheers!

1 Like

Well my first post here so yano but hey I love my tech.

I have a LG 4k uhd 60inch with Samsung 1000w 5.1, a super old 50inch Bush HD TV aswell :smiley: but my LG is my baby, use plex on it along side iptv

3 Likes

Welcome, good sir! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheapest 42" TV I could find + laptop connected through HDMI + wireless mouse&keyboard

What’s the difference between the root and non-root versions?

Did I use “non” correctly?

Not entirely sure, but to me it looks like the non-root version is for devices that haven’t been rooted and the app will just sit along side of the normal YouTube app (meaning both will be installed and accessible on the device). The root version is for devices that are rooted and will replace the official YouTube app (so only the “vanced” app will be on the device and no longer the official app).

Seems the non-rooted version is easier to install whether rooted or not.

1 Like

Yeah, and it doesn’t screw with actual system libraries. I’m using non-root on my phone; will probably just uninstall the stock app on my rooted one and install non-root. I don’t need to give root access to a video streamer.

1 Like

Thanks :smiley: I finally figured it was about time i joined ha ha

1 Like

Yes

1 Like