microLXC Public Test

Maintenance Announcement

A planned maintenance window will be occurring in our Auckland (New Zealand) facility on Wednesday, March 2nd between 3AM - 4AM NZDT. This will make some of our VPS and dedicated servers unreachable for a maximum period of 30mins throughout the maintenance window.

hey there
im new here, just because i try to register on microlxc
and i got error Thanked count to low
what does it meen, im too young member? hehe

Yes, that’s exactly what it means. Did you even read the first post containing the rules?

2 Likes

Somehow I only have 40 posts, so once I hit 50 I’ll be signing up. Sounds like exactly what I need.

1 Like

7060-75fe-1cb0-3fb5

Nice little setup. Absolutely perfect for my tiny needs! :smiley:

Thanks @Neoon!

1 Like

Patch Notes
Packages on Norway have been switched to KVM, except the Storage Package.
Groningen (NL) is now Available, Dronten (NL) has been disabled for new Deployments, it will be terminated in the next months.
A few bug fixes.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the forum (never been in a forum before xD)
Does the requirement 50 Posts mean I have to post 50 new topic or it’s just comment …

50 comments would be fine, even if you had 50 you wouldn’t qualify anyway due to account need to be 3 months old.

Regarding KVM Availability

Norway and Groningen already run KVM
Hong Kong once IPv6 is allocated, will run KVM

Chile, Auckland, Johannesburg would be next on the list.

However, the current Kernel on these Systems causes issues with nested virt, so we have to upgrade them.

On Wednesday, 01.06 I will do these System Upgrades.
Starting from around 21:00 CET, expected downtime per Node should be around 5-10 minutes.

• Melbourne
    waiting for a Tiket, getting the Storage upgraded
  • Tokyo
    Same thing, OS would need to get upgraded, will be done after the other ones
  • Los Angeles
    Recently got invoiced, I don’t know if the Sponsorship was terminated, waiting for a reply since 5 days, so no ETA on this one.
  • Singapore
    The System would not have enough Storage to run KVM’s as of right now, likely new Node is needed, since the current Storage setup is fubar.
1 Like

As said a few weeks ago, the Bandwidth throttle will go live, due to a recent Abuse.
If you hit the Traffic Limit the Uplink will be throttled to 128KB/sec.

Especially in APAC, Allocation is tight, pretty tight, on some Nodes we only got 1TB and since we give Bandwidth away like candy with 200GB per Container, its dam tight, hence the Throttle.

The Bandwidth allocation will reset every 30 days, depending on which day you created the Machine.
You can request, manually via Tiket, a reset of your bandwidth usage if spare Bandwidth is available, which it usually is, but as far as I know only one Person as of Today hit these Limits.

3 Likes

Playing with it now. The panel is so nice! The Debian Bullseye image is kind of large though? It installed for me at 4.2615 GB, which would be almost all of the storage that the tiny size has (I chose Medium). Does the image size depend on the VM package that you use? I would have expected minimal Debain to be a little over 1 GB.

Edit: NVM, the panel is just counting the storage wrong. The install is very minimal.

root@lxcdd9bab13:~# du -h -d 0 /
966M    /
1 Like

Well this is what LXD reports, will look into it.

2 Likes

1c66-2c4a-2866-5f89

I wish I can try this one. Anyway, I have to be more active to get available

369b-ba4b-9d55-4f83

Thanks for this service

How long will this free tier offer last?

yes. It seems you need to be 3 months old at least. :sweat_smile:
i am also new from microlxc to here.

The panel is having trouble connecting to my Melbourne node at the moment. The VPS itself is working fine though.

Fixed.

2 Likes