Mobile Networks

Not sure what your signal is like where you are but have a look 3. They’ve got a sim only for £20 unlimited everything and think it includes tethering.

I did have an offer from BT for unlimited minutes/texts and 200GB 4G for £20. They own EE

1 Like

I need to upgrade my business phone at some point, been considering getting an iphone but I’d considered trying to get a deal on a bundle with an ipad for when out and about too.

My personal phone contract is WAY overdue too - but as I use it with an old Nokia I don’t haven’t changed it as no need for any data lol.

Am currently on a discontinued discounted plan with EE sim only max plan which come with unlimited min and text 4GB unlike EE normal sim only which only gets free roaming in the EU my older plan come with roaming in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA too and also come with BT sports it was £8 a few year back but with the yearly price rise its currently around £10.20.

3 was like my introduction into wifi dongles a decade or so ago, they weren’t too good back then but I’ve heard they’ve somewhat improved?

Did not know that! Googled and it was 2015? I had just about left PAYG by then :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is your business so much more important that it deserves an iphone over a nokia?!

1 Like

3 UK user here. Their network has significantly improved over the last few years and with public wifi nearly everywhere I never have a problem any more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I like to use things I’ve used before so I’ll keep 3 on my list as a a backup/secondary

We do a fair number of 4G internet installs now (for non FTTC areas) and where possible we use 3 now, mainly due to their unlimited data, we have a hotel that regularly pushes 100Gbs through a month in the middle of nowhere and have never had any issue. Failing 3 coverage, we use EE, but it’s more money.

1 Like

Exactly the two points I had in mind! EE will be my main but I’m thinking if I want cheaper bulk data or something to set up 3.

3 was only better than O2 last time I was in London, about 4 months ago. YMMV

1 Like

I’m on 3. Got old legacy contract with unlimited everything (no soft or hard limits). I haven’t had any problems with them and yes network is good now. I never use Wi-fi on my phone it’s permanently connected to 4G as I have unlimited data

2 Likes

and the BT 200GB 4G wasn’t a typo either. I thought it was a mistake when I first saw it offered online

1 Like

Heard a few people saying that, did have a contract with Three over 5 years ago but cancelled it few days later awful coverage might look at Three again needing a bigger data plan.

1 Like

I’ve been with them longer than that and in the early days it was patchy… a lot better now (I’m in Norfolk and work in Essex)

For those interested with use: MikroTik LHG 4G LTE High Gain CPE Kit - RBLHGR+R11e-4G

Well, it’s technically not, but the Nokia doesn’t do email very well lol.

1 Like

When you say Nokia, I can’t help but think of the 3210 playing a bit of snake for hours. Those were the days of true mobile gaming

1 Like

Not quite, it’s a Nokia 1600 - I was using a 3410 but it died.

2 Likes

HERESY.

1 Like

ITYM

THAT’S A DAMN LIE!

2 Likes

H E R E S Y .

He’s a goddamn liar and he knows it.

1 Like