Monday!

It’s all @Jarland’s fault. Then you guys come here all drunk. And it’s me, the patient guy, that needs to take care of you all. :stuck_out_tongue:

What did you expect?.. have you seen the forum’s logo? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can only see the beers, yeah… When you’re using the white theme version you can only see the bees. So yeah, I guess you’re making us proud :stuck_out_tongue: <3

Nightmode masterrace!

2 Likes

I have the day off for Presidents Day, so getting my taxes done. Gotta love following the Bank of America holiday schedule.

1 Like

We need to do taxes every quarter. :\

It’s my Thursday.

Your European taxes are easy though, you just give the government half and sob uncontrollably.

nice
@miguel
So you can be ripped like not me.
Also
@Harambe
depends on how much you make.
Here it doesn’t take long. We usually go to a tax office and they help us do it and we pay them for helping us save some money via tax returns.

1 Like

Very exciting Monday here. Took son to Doctor, nursed him on and off through the day, watched some Olympics, played a little Divinity Original Sin 2, did some shopping, cooked and now its bedtime.

1 Like

Ok not sure when I started working at this thing, but I did not accomplish much.
That is one con of using a framework like laravel. Sometimes when their is a bug, the errors produced are hard to interpret. So I have to program piece by piece.

Finishing up a HUGE quote, probably the biggest I’ve had across my desk so far. Will be interesting if we get it. Got another to work on, then back to migrating services.

Also got a back & forth going with rsync.net about some SHTF backup space, trying to address some poor routing at the moment.

1 Like

Spent way too many hours troubleshooting a routerboard installation. Comcast modem’s power supply was faulty. SMH.

Wut? That is not accurate at all. Its complex but we dont give half. Its plain stupidity considering the small country we are, so regulated, so many taxes.

Used to look very shreded. No longer the case but I am aiming to.

Contact me for any help you need ;).
RE: rsync.net way too expensive. We use gdrive and couldnt be happier. Latency or space are never an issue.

Not really, you just need to know what you’re doing.

1 Like

This is just for mission critical, completely separate network from our existing stuff. It’s not expensive at all, 4cents/GB with snapshotting - https://www.rsync.net/signup/signup_offer.html?code=710b50 - there’s a 3 cents/GB option as well w/o snapshots.

Has come highly recommended from others I’ve worked with, and support has been good so far. Only need 100-150GB of storage ($50-75/yr) to start.

We use GSuite business and send encrypted backups with rclone, but I’m purposely picking other folks for these backups. One of our security holes right now is that employees could potentially go on a rampage and nuke important stuff if they were feeling really destructive. So this is just a ‘SHTF’ backup location that no one else will know about.

1 Like

Here’s the spot that link was originally shared, includes the offer with snapshots as well: If you're interested in using 'borg' (you should be) you can use this link to si... | Hacker News

My link came direct from their attic and borg page. :smiley:

1 Like