MXroute - Black Friday 2019

I pressed the button. Oh man I’m feeling really bad.

1 Like

There are moments when companies release something simple that makes others rich:

• iOS App Store
  • Google Play Store
  • MXroute Reseller
4 Likes

Malaysian Penis Enlargement Tools

1 Like

I moved from Gmail a couple of years ago. Zero regrets, but I still keep my gmail.com account so that 1) I get any emails to that address from people who don’t know my personal domain address and 2) so that no one else can take that address.

5 Likes

Wall Street, everybody. The Art of Selling.

I want to get a reseller too, but 300 emails per hour are good for me, might not be good for some of the potential clients. Even if they don’t use it, they get finicky when they see hard limits.

2 Likes

I’d just put it in fine print, like on a policy page. For as many people ask me about it, and for the tens of thousands of email users, seems like only one every few months tries to actually compete with the limit. Whitelisting is on the table too (up for discussion at least), it’s mostly about limiting compromised account events.

I’m a little confused about renewing my 2016 BF special.
I’m apparently on the ‘one’ node (still Cpanel based, from what I get poking around)
I don’t have an issue with this as long as it works.

I seem to have access to a new webmail client option now. Crossbox is it?
It looks pretty cool and modern. I only have the one vanity domain hosted on mxroute now.
I still seem to be able to pull in new emails into my googleapps ‘work’ email using POP3/IMAP . So my hostballs notification mails were certainly being delivered correctly like that. (@ admins: I changed HB email address today)
I haven’t touched the account since setting it up 2/3 yrs ago.

What I’m curious about is whether this setup will change in the near future?
I guess I don’t like change all that much when it comes to email.

If I get (eventually?) migrated to DA , will I still get access to Crossbox webmail?
I suppose I’ll be informed via email of any SPF/server changes for POP/IMAP/SMTP when that happens.

I hope you understand my state of mind.
Things always seem to be in flux and it gives me anxiety having to figure out where all the changes are being announcred. (headway, twitter, HB, etc)
There’s an official forum now. So that’s good. I’ll head there.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Probably not. I migrated London to DA because it only had 300 users on it, and after days of testing I had concluded that it was “now or never.” This was the result:

https://blog.mxroute.com/2019/11/what-we-learned-this-week

Unless I can mitigate every single one of those points, I can’t migrate another cPanel server to DA. But if I did, nothing would change for your software. Same ports, same MTA/LDA, same configs, etc.

I don’t think I can mitigate all of those points though, so it doesn’t much matter.

2 Likes

Reduced stock of the Reseller150 promo by 100 in preparation for a Cyber Monday promo that I wasn’t going to do if Reseller150 sold out (or came near it).

2 Likes

I know of a medium-sized firm I don’t work with/for that’s dropping an extra in order to have “limits” lifted with the provider they chose. Actually, in the package they use, they have hard limits only via SMTP (webmail is only throttled), yet per default each address can only send 30 (IIRC) mails/day. The whole domain is allowed to send an extra 1000 mails (+30 mails for each mail address) thanks to an “extra” package they activated
The “extra” package costs them an extra € 19+VAT /year (they have ~20 e-mail addresses, most of them aren’t actually used as very often happens in these cases)
So, back to potential clients: they bought some mail addresses from the same company they used to register the domains (they can’t be hassled to look elsewhere) even if the hard limit was 30, not 300. Sure there was an option to “unlock” more mails on the side, and they jumped on it too. Eventually they’re able to send just 20*30+1000=1600 mails/day; yet they’re happy 'cause 1) they bought a “premium” package 2) no single e-mail address has a hard-limit, there’s a limit on the whole domain that’s deemed “big enough” 3) the limit on the whole domain is perceived as “blurry” on each single e-mail address
And yes, we’re talking about limits per day in this case

1 Like

I have never had a service with MXRoute, nor do I see myself needing e-mail hosting in the near future. Still, I’d like to mention that @Jarland never ceases to inspire me. The effort and love that appears to have been put in this product, the transparency and love to detail make MXRoute a product I’ll always recommend if someone asks me for advice. Props to you, Jarland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any ETA on the email relays? And when duckypanel gets ready, will resellers be also moved to duckypanel?

2 Likes

Relays are on the backburner. I had a plan for rollout and it loosely involved cPanel for provisioning, luckily the price change happened first so I could back out. Most likely resellers will not be migrated to another panel. DirectAdmin seems to offer the right situation for this, I think.

Cyber Monday offers:

https://mxroute.com/cyber-monday/

1 Like

Ouch! Shots fired! :smile:

1 Like

Hey @jar, congrats on another good BF. Can I ask where the Android app came from? Would you consider putting it on f-droid if you own the code and aren’t trying to sell it? Currently I use K-9 mail but it’s always good to have alternatives.

1 Like

Hey @Jarland, question for you!
I bought one of your previous black Friday deals and I am provisioned on the Friday server, which of course is cPanel.

I haven’t yet onboarded my addresses etc and don’t have any mail to backup so I would be fine to move to a DA server and potentially save you any ongoing per user licence costs since cPanel hiked the price. Do you care? If so, DM me or whatever and we can figure it out, just thought I’d offer if it helps you in any way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d consider it for sure. It was built by the Crossbox team and not by myself.

Sure! I’ll message you a bit later.

2 Likes

And now you have a Reseller50 plan cheaper

:expressionless:

Is there a demo account mate?