[MXroute] Hosted Email Promo (50GB storage, $25/year, unlimited accounts)

That is odd

Jarland’s screenshot of non dark mode logged in to android app… You might just be a monster sir :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi @jarland, thanks very much for this offer. I was confused for a bit because the fact that you are using crossbox gives these extra features that aren’t discussed on the site like the chat, etc. I did see in the docs on the site that there are 10gb nextcloud accounts associated with email addresses, so that is something different than the crossbox file storage? Do you know if Crossbox uses XMPP for chat?

I would be getting this for lighter personal use, giving friends email accounts, or using this as outgoing mail for some small webapps (I can do this, correct?) The price and storage are amazing but the storage is a lot for my needs. At this price the current lifetime promo doesn’t seem to make much sense although it would fit my needs better. Is there any chance you could offer an update to the lifetime plan while this deal is going on, such as say 20-25gb instead of 10, or reducing the price a bit? I don’t mean to offend because this is already a great deal but I thought I would ask before buying. Thank you!

@MichaelCee - you were reselling these. Tagging you, because this offer might be in your ball park.

1 Like

@Jarland - I know this is beyond the scope of this board and offer, but may I get instructions on how to configure MXRoute’s SMTP on phpBB 3.3.0 (latest)? I just can’t get it to work.

Here is a screenshot, maybe you can provide help, without forcing you into installing phpBB.

I guess port 25 with PLAIN would be the easiest setting, and perhaps a good start to work as a foundation for testing it. If that didn’t work I’d move up stack and do a telnet test to see if something is blocking the connection.

Aye. We’ve had crossbox for a good while but I’ve held back a bit on overly advertising it’s featured just because the way it functions had me concerned with whether or not it would be a long term stable and reliable piece of software. It’s more than proven itself so you can see me leaning on it more now. Still a ways to go though on advertising and documenting it’s features.

Crossbox and NextCloud are definitely unrelated, except that Crossbox’s IMAP proxy is what I’m using to authenticate NextCloud.

I don’t think their chat is using any open protocols but you’d have to ask @CrossBox.

Thanks so much! Since I’d always known of you being a mail provider seeing the android app and not realizing it was crossbox threw me off. That makes sense that you’re still integrating the docs if you weren’t sure about it.

@crossbox if you know the answer to the xmpp question that would be great! thanks

Does it have a Dark Mode/Theme?

Yes.

I am liking the Android app but I haven’t really messed around with CrossBox before and always used Roundcube for web and Gmail on the phone. To get away from Gmail is great. One thing I noticed is that I currently can’t hold press on a message to select it or swipe to delete and all that. If it’s not a setting, I will just have to rewire my reflexes. Dark mode is nice, the notifications are nice and smooth. There’s so many settings and tabs I might have to just take a day to dive deep.

2 Likes

There’s no one better at taking feedback than @CrossBox

2 Likes

@puffycat0

We don’t use the XMPP protocol, we have our own.

Basically, anyone logging in to the app with an email address @yourdomain.com will show up in the online list (except for those who choose to appear offline). So basically, everyone under the same domain is considered a “team member” and users can chat/call each other or join a special team channel that’s always called “#yourdomain.com”, a place where everyone’s messages are seen.

Apart from internal chat, each user can also start channels with external participants. This works in a way that you enter participants’ email addresses, and CrossBox sends an email invite with a link they can use to join in automatically (no login, no registration needed). You can also enter a custom message that will appear in the invite email.

@MichaelCee

Thank you!

Actually, you can select list items on handheld devices with a long press. Currently, swiping left or right is still not implemented but we’re looking at adding that as an option.

@Jarland

This deal is just too hot… With such an outstanding service you provide, this should be at least 25$/month, IMHO.

Thanks, guys, we love reading your feedback and adding stuff that you like. There are many more features in the works, but let’s not derail this thread (we may open a new thread dedicated to CrossBox 2020 soon).

4 Likes

Great, it’s working now after editing my time format and re-saving mail settings (Don’t know which one made it catch up). Now I’m all set to use MXroute standalone without Gmail :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jarland your android app is dope!
Keep it coming man!
I love it. Thanks for giving me yet another excuse to drop Gmail.

1 Like

Sweet!

@Jarland Do you support importing email from Zoho?

There’s an import feature in Crossbox. I haven’t tested it and the last person to try it reported an error, been meaning to test it for myself and then report to devs.

But if that doesn’t work there’s always these:
https://omm.ovh.net/Migration/Create
Mailbox Imapsync Online (creator of imapsync made this)

There were some issues when importing from cPanel to DirectAdmin because cPanel puts folders within the parent Inbox folder, while DirectAdmin doesn’t. This issue was addressed recently and now folders are being properly mapped.

Otherwise, the import tool was recently completely rewritten and ported from Python to Golang, and the difference in speed is more than noticeable.

4 Likes

Why does chat use a custom protocol rather than something standardised? Maybe XMPP is a bit dated now, but there’s newer protocols like Matrix.

Can we somehow integrate this into our already active subscriptions? I was going to upgrade on the storage anyways but I have another 4 months left on my current plan