Official LineageOS 15.1 is available!

It’s official: Changelog 16 - Smart Styles, Treble is trouble and Omfg Oreo – LineageOS – LineageOS Android Distribution

About 10 devices supported for now, they will be porting more devices from 14.1 to 15.1 on a daily basis.

Gotta love these guys. My 4 year old OPO is still updated and rocking because this project exists.

<3 LineageOS!

2 Likes

Will have to get this installed on my old OPO. I’ve been full Apple for awhile but still have my OPO as a backup phone, although it’s currently sitting in a drawer.

Also open to tips on what I could do with it rather than have it just sit in a drawer :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait for this on my Nexus 4! Still going strong. I have a moto g3 that’s got Oreo. My actual daily mobile is running Nougat thou :confused:

1 Like

I’ll buy it from you! :grin:

These guys put a lot of effort updating our old devices, where the manifacturers dont care.

It’s a good backup, not worth the hassle of shipping :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Damn you. OPOs are very reliable.

Love LineageSO, but lets see how much time will it take for them to release it to Galaxy S2.

So what is it?

Is it a fork of Cyanogen or similar?

Francisco

Pretty much.

Yep.

When my Nex 5 died, I ended up with a new cheap turd which may-or-may-not-be locked to Marshmallow. It’s working at the moment, takes multiple SIMs, lacks Chinese spyware, and has a spot for my 32GB SD card to usurp natively for storage.

Not sure if I even care to bother, because it does like 95% of what I want natively. I’d be willing to try LOS 14/15 on it, but, eh… it just works so…

E: I only use it for phone/text. I don’t even use it for Auth. I don’t need something expensive for that.

Fairly sure when CM went bust some of the devs formed to make Linage.

2 Likes

This is pretty much it, verbatim, without all of the disdain, shitty treatment of the OSS devs, et al.

1 Like

But ya - probably going to flash Linage on my 5T once I know they’ve got the camera blobs and they fix the styling offset thing I’ve seen on videos.