Password Manager?

I used to use Enpass for quite a while, grandfathered into a full package now. But trying to get new people to pay for it vs just adding them to my bitwarden server became an issue I just didn’t feel like dealing with anymore.

2 Likes

I like it, just the free or cheaper tools finally caught up to it for me. It’s also not great on chromebook, which I don’t use often but when I do it matters a little.

+1 for bitwardenrs

1 Like

Instead of trying bitwarden_rs as almost everybody suggested here, I just checked out pass. It’s such a simple and powerful password manager. If only it became more user-friendly.

1 Like

It’s really good on iOS and macOS. Integrates very well but probably has something to do with Apple apparently using it throughout their company.

Have too agree that does feel a bit wrong to be circumventing the Premium features.

Another vote for bitwarden_rs self hosted. Had it for 18 months or so; no hiccups.

2 Likes

Honestly my favorite thing about bitwarden, and not every password manager gets this: recommend logins by host, not root domain.

For example, when at safari.mxrouting.net:2222 I don’t need to see every login for every server that exists as a subdomain on that domain.

It’s a setting I swap on any new client install, but one change and done. That’s why I stopped using Everykey, not sure if they fixed it.

5 Likes

Is it through “Start with” option from “Default URI Match Detection”?

I tested bitwarden yesterday, everything is top notch. It’s just missing ssh agent feature. Also, surprisingly I found Keepass app to be much more advanced. I’m using them both for now, will figure out in few days.

1 Like

Just “Host”

2 Likes

wow this is JUST what I need. I have over 50 passwords saved under d.sb and logging in to anything on a subdomain can be painful. Sometimes LastPass prefills the correct password but other times it just shows a dropdown with the entire list and I need to locate the correct one.

2 Likes

Amazing, now I can rest in peace with all my credentials I save for old logins I don’t use anymore. :joy:This greatly clients up the login suggestion box.

Edit: Probably going to go on a Matching Detection rampage with this on feature. :joy:

1 Like

+1 for Bitwarden :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For those using Bitwarden (now Vaultwarden) how and how often do you take backups? Is it automated?

I run backups each day from my servers to 5 backup locations. As part of that, the vps running vaultwarden gets that as well. I suppose though that in the event of an issue, I might lose a days worth of data. But so far not been an issue for me and the couple of people using it, and it’s hosted on one of my more tested vps, a Blackfriday 2017 late night random deal that I’ve kept going ever since (though they are prob hoping each year I don’t lol)

1 Like

They have a good entry on backups on their wiki. It is entirely possible to make backups say every hour or 10 minutes. The main thing I would be worried about is the server somehow going down, that you have the ability to quickly spin one up somewhere else with the most recent backup copy.

1 Like

Like many in this thread I too am using Vaultwarden (used to be Bitwarden_RS).

Anyone in the Synology ecosystem also will have C2 Password as an option. Looks to be free as a downloadable app in the new DSM 7 release.

BitWarden, hands down. Was a LastPass user for many many years but gave it all up and never looked back.

Mobile App is a bit finicky sometimes (Android) but no issues on desktop.

1 Like

I use KeepassX (this is the linux version of Keepass).

1 Like