[Poll] What Do You Use To Monitor Your Servers/Websites?

As title states, what does everyone use to monitor their servers and sites?

If you’re using something not listed (self-hosted soln, SaaS provider, etc.), feel free to share a link!

• HetrixTools
  • Nixstats
  • NodePing
  • Pingdom
  • Uptime Robot
  • Other SaaS Solution
  • Self-Hosted Solution
  • Something Else
  • Why Monitor? It’s All Idling Anyway

0 voters

3 Likes

My self hosted solution:

• Collectd/InfluxDB/Grafana for pretty graphs, alerting based on metrics (value exceeded threshold)
  • Graylog for that premium log aggregation. Nginx can pipe data directly into it through syslog. Why stop there, redirect all system logs of all systems you have to it. You can then make pretty graphs and possibly even alerts based on pretty much anything you want.

I have some other misc stuff like SmokePing as well.

3 Likes

This post has been reserved as a free advertisement for HetrixTools.

8 Likes

Paying Hetrixtools and Nixstats. I’m trying to get rid of Nixstats but I like the graphs and history.

Also, I use Nodequery for not so important stuff.

Should I move to Grafana? I hear a lot about them.

1 Like

I knew I’d end up leaving someone out and now I can’t edit the poll :confused:

My apologies, @vfuse!

2 Likes

We need a good discount as an apology.

Wait… Apologies do not work that way.

Using my free HetrixTools allotment to monitor the sites and servers I really care about. Some legacy stuff on Uptime Robot that I need to delete all the monitors for.

All my servers get added to a self-hosted ServerStatus monitor page. Most stuff I don’t actively monitor and set up alerts for, just the high priority stuff on HetrixTools. My page is here (don’t judge): https://masonr.cf

3 Likes

You can edit the poll, but unbeknownst to me, it clears the previously submitted answers :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

You bastard lol

Vote again, everybody. Make sure to thank @Wolveix :smile:

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

With all the freebies and giveaways, I really wish I had more things I could monitor with HetrixTools

3 Likes

@imok @fhr gots ta get them votes!

3 Likes

We have Zabbix + NodePing

3 Likes

I’ve also been working on my own self-hosted server monitor project. Central hub (GitHub - masonr/pyPatrol-server: Central monitoring hub for distributed monitoring service written in Python using Twisted, ZeroMQ, and PostgreSQL) sends the service checks to three satellite workers (GitHub - masonr/pyPatrol-node: Distributed ping and service monitor node using Python + Sanic). Only thing halting development at this point is getting the motivation to do the web development side to it as that’s not an area I enjoy very much. I need to get cracking on it again. Planning on offering it as a free service check once it’s complete.

5 Likes

LibreNMS bitches!

3 Likes

I had LibreNMS setup at one point - probably about a year ago - and stopped using it for some reason. Maybe I just didn’t feel like maintaining it anymore, idk. Am probably going to look into setting it up again and attach all my servers.

1 Like

Other saas solutions too: Google Analytics.

If there are not users showing in the real time chart, website is down :grin:

2 Likes

Virmach, maximum uptime.

1 Like

I restart my stuff fairly often, so 90% of reboots are from me. Never have been trying to max out my uptime :stuck_out_tongue:. But anyways, VirMach is one of the more stable ones on there, DatabaseByDesign as well – they’ve always been solid.

Currently using:

• HetrixTools to monitor a lot of its own infrastructure.
  • Self-hosted in-house built monitoring scripts for all of the jobs, queues, and things that might fail.
  • And, considering the platform can’t monitor itself 100%, we use Pingdom as an outside monitoring source.

PS: Thanks everyone for the support! :nerd_face:

7 Likes