Promotion of Companies

Is Self-Promotion of Web Hosting company allowed on this forums?

Yes there are a limited set of rules though. You are restricted to one posting per 7 days regardless of Offering section you choosen. So you can’t say have two seperate postings going just because you “only” posted once in each per 7 days for example. It’s either one or the other not both.

What about Ads or Promotion on hostedtalk.com Website?

Not affiliated with hostedtalk.net - the .com seems to be a parked domain. The rules are as @Friendly said above :slight_smile:

1 Like

We don’t sell ad space but you’re welcome to promote your service. This forum is a net loss financially and I’d like it to stay there.

5 Likes

You have us ( all the members) . We are priceless :wink:

7 Likes

I actually thinks I got what you are saying here. As I ran my absolute fair share of stuffs over the years it just isn’t worth it except for people looking for continuous conquering and/or control.

It was tiring to tell people over at my offering thread that I in short not trying to win any awards for being the beefest and cheapest “provider in the world”. And that my main objectives is to assists with our month to month billings and commitments we are upholding. Not to be the next HostGater, BlueHost, OVH, Hivelocity, Hetzner etc.

2 Likes

Well, it does benefit me to gain influence. Though I don’t think this is where I’ll gain any.

2 Likes

Yes. I am not the cheapest possible dental practice in the world neither. I mean offering better quality materials,devices,instruments, better service ,better postservices , better experience and not treat people like numbers.(Obviously just translate this and apply it to your services) You should just focus on being different than the rest.Being different from the vast majority of companies and you can put different pricing and have patients/ customers Honestly if you have a discord and i need what you offer and company x offering it cheaper i would go with you . ( I mean active channel and friendly customer support )

1 Like

Precisely, as I am not a company for this (a community instead) it’s a bit different but I would absolutely arrange something on Discord if it absolutely necessary for the clientele.

I just don’t want to bust out the website, Blesta, dedicated discord just for it to be dead, ticketing bot, etc etc etc just to cover my bills.

Sure if people gets serious with me to want me to bust out the 5000s, enterprise grade NVMes and so on THEN I will reconsiders going there. But in no ways I gonna do this overnight unless you actually gonna pay me to do that.

1 Like

I was speaking generally not about your case in concrete :wink: i mean everyone is free to focus their business how they want to do it

1 Like

Well thats quite a commitment, what about any Donate Us buttons then? Will it be totally on Loss financially?

1 Like

When I was using Brave, I had some BATs on me and I donated a small amount. Unfortunately on my new computer I had to make the swap so I couldn’t even use Brave anymore because of requirements to make the interface larger for me (address bar, icons, etc etc etc) since I am deaf and blind.

So I had to stop earning BATs.

I do well with MXroute, I like to take a lot of it’s profit and invest back in community. I want it to be a force for good that reaches beyond just my servers.

5 Likes

I just saw MXroute. Can you explain its working. I would also like to be a reseller!

1 Like

It’s a little rough around the edges with UX, but the goal was to solve the problems people have getting email where it needs to go. IP reputation, rate limits, etc. When you send an email you just want it to get there, but quite often it just doesn’t work that way. I wanted to take that burden from people and let them never have to think about it again.