Report: No-Log VPNs Exposed Users’ Logs and Personal Details for All to See

You beat me to it, I was gonna mention them here.
We all got that email heh!

They say they do not…

2 Likes

If they partnered with Mullvad they most likely do. I had that on good authority when I talked to another VPN guru a couple of years back. They were claiming no logs but still logging. That being said, I don’t mind logs in general. Some type of logs may be useful or essential when running such a service to limit max. number of devices or bandwidth usage to prevent abuse. However, I prefer providers that are upfront about what they log, like KeepSolid, than those that say they don’t and are, in fact, logging kinda everything.

Could be that Mullvad has changed though. Could also be that they changed what they log. One never knows.

1 Like

GDPR ?

Sadly, many VPN providers don’t care, I guess.

I don’t disagree re: providers that are upfront about their policies but I even more prefer companies that I can see how they’re sustainable. Keepsolid sells lifetime deals on the regular. To me that says they’re monetizing their users.

They are also selling regular subs and have a Free VPN, which invites upselling. Also a SmartDNS service and other products. I am happy with them and it’s a “I’d rather trust and regret, than not trust and regret.” kinda thing for me. I don’t think they are any worse than other VPN providers. Most times, we’ll never know.

This is why we should learn to pay for products and also educate others on how to pick things wisely.

There is a reason why IPredator and Mullvad like providers offer flat rate scheme.

1 Like