RIP HostBalls

3 Likes

Yeah seems to be a bug in Searx right now. I’ve never had it not just work flawlessly after spinning up a container. There’s a mention of a similar issue on Github but it supposedly had been patched. Need to dig further.

1 Like

Search seems to be working fine, don’t worry about it @jarland :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Dead for me too:

1 Like

Holy rule: Never change a well established name! (like “HostBalls”).

But it happened and the community seems to not have lost a lot, if anything (other than a good name, because easy to memorize and with a bit of colour, while hostedtalk sounds, pardon me, bland).

As for hostballs, yes it might be the smallest of the three communities but that’s not the relevant point. It’s not about “large” but about “good” and from what I’ve seen so far @Jarland and his team have created a nice community. I’m a bit amazed though that bsdguy isn’t here. Maybe I’ll talk to him and ask him why.

2 Likes

Tried searching for “hosted talk” (lots of hits), “star trek” (1 hit, timeout to wikidata), then “hosted talk” again (no hits) … Seems to be hit&miss … :man_shrugging:

Welcome to the FAMOUS board without balls and beer @jsg

5 Likes

Actually this is not so famous anymore (even SEO is gone). It was famous when it had balls and beer. Maybe it’s all about wrong timing. @jsg comes after the movement, while community still wonders why is no more beer, and how can we have an @Amitz party without beer.

I was more remarking about how @uptime’s search for his balls yielded no results. :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe only change the name every 2 years?

1 Like

The name change confused me. I admit I’ve been awol for a while but going to Hostballs and getting redirected here, I was thoroughly confused, and thought someone had hijacked the domain for a second.

3 Likes

+1 for HostedBalls!

4 Likes

http://trustedballs.com
Gets my vote

2 Likes

EDIT: haha of course - @WSS already beat me to this meme. Teh moar teh merrier I suppose! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would be a perfect friday thing to do the name change…

I’m shocked the name changed! I thought it implied you had to have balls to endure the banter :wink: LOL
HostedTalk sounds familiar to another site, and bland. @WSS needs to spice it up more :wink:

Gotta position to take WHT’s marketshare when the forum eventually dies and they can’t find anyone to fix it for less than $10 so they close it down.

2 Likes

Great ‘Balls’ of Fire ! name changed woah !

1 Like