Self Hosted Email Clients - What Are You Using?

I’m in the process of setting up email for my new domain. I’ve always used mailgun forwarded to my Gmail account in the past, but for this one I’ll be using premium MXRoute. This morning has been productive so far – set up CF DNS for the domain, ordered the MXRoute package, set up MX records, confirmed email is working, got it all configured on my phone – and it’s not even 8am! :slight_smile:

Now I’m looking for a web-based self hosted email client in order to avoid needing thunderbird or [ insert email client here] installed on all my computers. I’ve already taken a look at the awesome self-hosted webmail list. So far I’m liking the look of Cypht and Mailpile. I want to stay away from roundcube and squirrelmail as they are eyesores even though they are tried and true.

Has anyone had any experiences with the aforementioned projects or have any to add to the list to consider?

mailpile looks interesting… what about rainloop ?

3 Likes

AfterLogic Webmail Lite or Rainloop

2 Likes

Rainloop looks pretty slick as well

Just checked out the demo for AfterLogic, looks pretty nice!

Afterlogic lite and Rainloop are both equal nice looking, But I prefer Rainloop since it got a mobile layout where Afterlogic dose not scale right when viewed on a phone.

2 Likes

Rainloop

2 Likes

Roundcube + http://www.googie-larry.com

1 Like

Using rainloop as well.

But Googie-Larry looks nice though, don’t like the default look of roundcube

2 Likes

Rainloop for life. Also used SOGo previously because mailcow made me do it.

1 Like

Damn, didn’t realize there was so much love for rainloop! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m a huge Rainloop shill because it works so well with basically any mail server.
(and also looks good)

1 Like

DK: the end is nigh.

1 Like

You ready to blow this topic out of the water? As soon as MXroute can test with customers, some serious interest should be generated :smiley:

We’re in business!

2 Likes

Are you alluding to some sexy MXRoute-developed web panel? :slight_smile:

That looks nice, you hosting that yourself?

1 Like

Yuppers. Decided to go with rainloop and test it out

1 Like

I suspect Jarland ended up making some agreement with those guys that are promoting a new web panel in LET.

1 Like

Can this blow it out of the water? :joy: We’ve just implemented this feature:

I believe this feature is unique to CrossBox.

Btw, did you guys read the docs that we’ve sent you? I’d love to know if you have any questions or suggestions.

1 Like