Server Provider Which Offers 40Gbps - 100Gbps?

What are your pricing. Do you have any Asia, Africa and Sud America locations?

@FHR Sadly i can’t be really precise about this project. Since i am under contract for it.
But here is the idea of what i can talk about.

The idea is to have a Streaming Cluster under GitHub - ossrs/srs: SRS is a simple, high efficiency and realtime video server, supports RTMP, WebRTC, HLS, HTTP-FLV, SRT, MPEG-DASH and GB28181. (if you go down there is the performances) It’s for live streaming. So the CPU usage is not that intensive that’s why i don’t need machines with a petabyte of ram and Intel Xeon Platinums in it with some Telsa V100 machines to do the transcoding.

The need is a fast network speed i can’t find it now but the guy did a few test on the 40 gbps node at amazon and had really good results.

This application runs under only 1 core wich means if you have a server with 10 cores you can run 10 appliance of it.

There is a lot of details i cannot talk about but that’s the idea. And for the transcoding i also cannot talk about how we will work on it. But these machines will be only Edges.

The idea is a CDN if you want for streaming.
I know there is a lot of providers even cloudflare for it. But it doesn’t fit our needs.

You could just use BunnyCDN or CDN77 (or their streaming/VOD platform https://streamflow.cdn77.com) instead. You’ll save yourself a ton of trouble.
Running a CDN is no joke.

1 Like

I know i am not alone on it. We are about 10 pepoles working on it.

I know that a lot of providers are out there for it. But we will still go with a self hosted solution.
There is a lot of reasons why we aren’t going to them coming at first by the pricing.

Well then. You can’t exactly pick the cheapest servers available, you actually need good connectivity. Which means forget FDC, you’ll need to go with something like DataPacket (same company as CDN77 btw) anyway.

1 Like

Mhmm very interesting any review of FDC? I won’t be handling the part of buying the machines but we are searching a provider that could go that fast. The problem is the pricing mainly since as always you know cheapest is the best.

It’s not about getting a server with the fastest port, it’s about actually having a good bandwidth blend. Good reachability to major pain-in-the-ass residential telcos (like Telefonica, DTAG) is a must.

Cogent/FDC will not provide such thing.

1 Like

Mhmm i see really intressting.

I will ask to datapacket a qote for it to see what they think about it.

Thanks for all these informations even if i am not very clear sometimes :+1:

I can do $499/mo for 10 Gbps dedicated unmetered ports (that you can actually push 24/7!).

We have Miami for South America targeted traffic, NYC Metro for Europe, and Los Angeles for Asia (not China optimized).

We peer heavily and have pretty huge commits. Currently working on getting rid of Cogent in our mix for reasons stated by others here and replace with carriers that are much friendlier toward providing better quality bandwidth.

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with what you need, we’re currently extremely limited with hardware due to high demand and a shortage of parts, but I can usually figure something out.

I’ll will also definitly give you a ping.

We are searching for multiple providers. Sadly the project still needs a lot of testing (about 2 month) and if it really happens i’ll send you a mail too c: !

God damn that’s a really good price! What’s in your blend?

GTT, Cogent, lots of direct peering. We’re phasing out Cogent though and replacing them with another carrier (who I can’t devulge unti lthe paperwork is official - and no, it’s not HE), but I will say that it’ll help get us better connectivity to lots of residential ISPs.

4 Likes

In NY DC too ?

Yup, but they have a frightening amount of Cogent (only real con, besides the stock issues they’ve been having). Reading the above posts, that’s going to change, so it should be a pretty good solution, all things considered.

Would you be interested in Ukraine location?

Near Tschernobyl that would mean 40mSv - 100mSv instead of 40Gbps - 100 Gbps.

4 Likes

Thats fast

1 Like

40 - 100 GRad/s

2 Likes

Yes, NYC Metro, Miami, or Los Angeles.

1 Like

We push the majority of our bandwidth through GTT and peering. Cogent accounts for less than 20% of our traffic, and will soon be 0%.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t know about any peerings that you have. My apologies, if it’s less than 20%, it’s obviously pretty decent, irrespective of anything else.