Simple PHP File Sharing

Yeah I wasn’t a huge Cars fan either, but Ric Ocasek was just weird enough to make it niche. Talking Heads when I got a little older (like mid to late 30’s) became a fave. In fact, I wrote quite a few Tina Weymouth inspired bass lines on an album I did in an old band. Mix in some Yes and Rush, perhaps a tad Deep Purple, and those would be about the only older prog groups I can dig.

1 Like

This is easy to do…
Create the front end to upload/delete files, so when it uploads it also adds a timestamp to the db. I typically create a db to contain the timestamp, name, and location/url of the file. So the server upload folder doesn’t need to be queried all the time, eats resources when the directory gets huge. Use PHPMailer to send the email notification to parties. And setup a cron job to delete the files based on the timestamp, or user predefined timestamp.
BAM!
…I’m out.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/15/us/ric-ocasek-the-cars-lead-singer-death/index.html

I know.

I’m a bit depressed, because we lost Eddie Money, Rock Ocasek… who the hell is left from the 80s light rock/pop scene? Tiffany? Belinda Carlisle?

Lou Gramm (Foreigner)
Roger Waters
Billy Idol
even Iggy Pop is still around

Phill Collins
Howard Jones
Duran Duran
Tears For Fears

Don’t fucking tell me who Lou Gramm is. Pretty sure I posted “Electric Blue” in the WYLT thread.

Waters, Meh.

Idol? Well, OK.

LUST FOR LIFE!

Deserves to be gone.

Made himself a bajillionare in realestate (although noone is to blame)

I prefer Mister Mister.

Tales from the Big Chair will always be awesome.

E: Few of these fit into the “Light/Poppy” rock scene from around 1981 where Rik reigned. Foreigner, and Howard Jones possibly. Duran Duran was 2 years away from a shitty sound track in James Bond, and Phil was still making crappy progrock as far as I know.

Kind of dissapointed nobody mentioned that Lou Gramm was “Midnight Blue”, whereas “Electric Blue” was Icehouse, but I possibly jumped the gun.

LOL I had every album from Howard Jones on cassette. Woa! Icehouse! There’s one…putting it on right now…!