Stripe Updates Fees

Heya guys,

What do you think about the new fees?

• Standard European cards (most cards including American Express) will change from 1.4% + €0.25 to 1.5% + €0.25.
  • Premium European cards (commercial Visa/Mastercard) will change from 1.4% + €0.25 to 1.9% + €0.25.
  • International cards issued outside of Europe and the UK will change from 2.9% + €0.25 to 3.25% + €0.25.
  • UK cards will remain the same at 2.5% + €0.25.

Dispute fees will change from €15 to €20. Due to the costs associated with managing dispute evidence submissions, we’ll no longer refund this fee if the customer’s bank resolves the dispute in your favour.

Basically, a client can still eat you up… Because they won’t pay a cent for losing a dispute.

2 Likes

Stripe disputes piss me off. I started using a collection agency (collbox) to try to further discourage it, hoping word gets out to people who might try it.

1 Like

The change on disputes is a total joke, not refunding the fees on disputes settled in your favour, quite a number of businesses are going to get burnt over it, hosting is quite high risk for fraudulent disputes.

Is there any suitable replacement for stripe most of hosting provider I know use it, not sure what the best way forward accept cryptocurrency or bank transfers or just get fuck by Stripe.

Is that USA only or international, am not planning to fuck you with a dispute just wondering :grinning:.

1 Like

Probably US only, and I don’t think this is one that writes to credit or anything, just enough to hopefully play the role of scarecrow :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t looked much into it, but Revolut might be an option.

1 Like

LOL… did it happen to anybody?

GEtting rapped by dispute fees is a common occurance, reason why many will just refund you just to avoid it regardless of who’s right.

Some industries are more affected than others. If I recall correctly there was a time that web hosting companies were not very welcomed by payment processors.

2CO closed my account around 2014 (if I remember correctly) after 10 years. No disputes or any problems with them, they simply closed it because web hosting is too “high risk”.

1 Like

Exactly same here…
Indian Payment Processor “Razorpay” has recently started the same drive in 2022. I’ve had 2 years of transactions with no disputes and suddenly one day they stop all payouts and ask us to provide a document.
What document?
A document stating that “we do not have the required license to operate and will submit them if asked in the future” and that should be on the letter head of my company with my sign.
Why?
idk… My organization is Goverment registered, have all licenses including PCI AOC and they just need me to give something like that on a piece of paper that can be used in any ways.

That’s an odd request.
I’d send them the registry docs that confirm you are running a registered, legal, business.

They already had those things when they asked for KYC!