[TailorMadeServers] First Sale Post - i9-9900K Sale -Clearance $30 Servers Too!

Then I might be in trouble :expressionless:

I’ll have to take it another round with the economics department.

Average I/O speed : 443.0 MB/s

You tell me where else I’m going to get a 1TB SSD in Dallas for $40/m, that hasn’t been rigged up on an IDE cable to a Pentium 2.

What’re you going to do with 5TB?

That’s what I keep running into. I still have nearly half of my /29 available because everything I want to do will burn through that bandwidth faster than @mikho at a Volvo convention.

1 Like

If your server’s hardware is configured to where the monthly goes above $50/mo, I’ll bump it up to 10TB. I specify it being via hardware upgrades, because I can’t bump it up if you add a cPanel license for example.

@TMSJoseQ Order #301921 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Taylor Made Servers

7 Likes

Isn’t that SwiftNOC? :wink:

3 Likes

If I spend $600/yr on internet shit, it needs to start paying for itself. Right now at the mid-$300s for “wait that still boots?” equipment.

1 Like

Ah, if it’s just for fun stuff, then yeah it doesn’t make much sense. =)

Fun refefrence… My very first colo, for my arcade game emulation site, cost me $550/mo. This was just basically a space on a desk in some office that had a Dual T1 connection (3Mbps total). This was 21 years ago. :wink:

Yep. Just opened.

Swift_Noc_Open

Pretty sure that although they don’t care, employers wouldn’t be the most amused to find your primary service with another provider.

If you decide to go for broke and offer WSI-quality hardware, though- let me know! I’d love to give you business, but that price point is another parts car!

Jarland’s favorite server provider™

5 Likes

WSI quality, not sure I’m familiar with this. Elaborate?

I think it’s the bandwidth that’s the problem no? Unfortunately those are recurring costs for us, so I can’t really lower the quality to offer it for less. :confused:

Yeah, for me it’s the bandwidth. I don’t do much, but I have aspirations, dammit!

Oh wow, Core2Duo… we got rid of 99% of our Core2 hardware three years ago.

Like the stuff we put on our HostBalls sale at $30, the hardware itself has no value. We’re basically just charging for the power/bandwidth/space/support. Which honestly, $30 doesn’t cover it, but hopefully it leads to some more customers. And we need to pay for the space anyways, so might as well get a few of those idling boxes to pay for their space.

Bandwidth though, we do pay per use…

1 Like

Core2Duo… omg… imagine the SSL speeds without AES-Ni, lol

I know that goes for anything below 2nd gen Intel Core / Westmere, but especially for even older shit.

if only bandwidth limit feature is there or throttling upon hitting 10TB, this is good deal after TMS secret sales for i9 :slight_smile:

Looks lke some of the E3’s are still available. Great to see pricing like this stateside. I can live with the bw limits, but any chance of larger HDD’s? Like 2x 4TB, say. Thanks.

1 Like

I have added 4TB HDD options to the E3-1270v3 configuration. However, adding a pair of those would double the cost of the server. :confused: While the server as currently offered has been depreciated, the same isn’t true for 4TB HDDs. Those would likely be new.

Really? Even though they come in 12TB if not larger sizes now of days?

I would expected a 4TB drive to be at it’s peak value a couple years ago at least, not now of days. That you can get drives so much larger than ever before.