UPLD.IM - No Bullshit Image Hosting

HEIC sucks

Good luck :slight_smile: I’ll stick with Imgur/Gyazo for now as my personal experience has seen many small image hosting services go down (can’t even remember their names now) which all seemed promising at first. I guess small services are done after the first few takedowns whereas Imgur has other means to keep things running?!

Anyway, not to discourage you! Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, and ofc it makes perfect sense. I’ll just try my best to stay afloat and then maybe next year you’ll switch away from imgur :wink:

3 Likes

All the best mate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not nice to see old threads with photo bucket errors.
Comment is not aimed at @Shu

2 Likes

That’s what I ended up doing with mine. It was just a pet “give back” project and the non-forced AdSense on it didn’t even pay for the bandwidth, but when I saw that it was being used to torment a school kid with bad photoshops, I pulled the plug.

5 Likes

Christ. Kids can be arseholes.

4 Likes

This was around 2006; this latest wave of brats is even worse.

2 Likes

I’m studying to become a teacher but I’m at the same time already thinking about whether I’ll stay in University (as I work part time in the language center already) and teach there after I finish my studies as the audience is quite different ans more peaceful compared to school (school= knife stabs, kids revolting, wannabe MMA fighters…).

If you can find a way to move into commercial works, do so- you don’t need to beg for money every quarter (or earlier), and your position is a lot more concrete after the initial jitter when starting.

2 Likes

What

1 Like

Well in a lot of problem schools in Germany (some are in Munich, Berlin…) kids/pupils sometimes bring knifes to school, threaten other pupils and also teachers. Some pupils are punching teachers or other teachers. There’s really been a change in the past few years. Pretty sure these kinda incidents haven’t been so frequent a few years back when I decided I wanted to become a teacher.

why would you shut down the service instead of banning his IP or account and deleting images?

I imagine using VPN/Proxy they could infinitely re-upload these pics to a point wwere the kid that has been bullied may have suffered even more? Or maybe it was the constant hassle to deal with this. Either way I can see why @WSS would shut his service down.

1 Like

I’m one of those weirdos who still believes in anonymity. When I built the site, I did so without logins, restrictions, or anything magical. Other than IP metrics, I didn’t even bother with client identification. All files had exif removed and were randomly renamed, and only that user was given a 100% anonymous delete code which was also randomized.

I saw that it was being used to bully others, and rather than track down some asshole 12 year olds and block them from my service, I saw how it could be misused, and rather than rewriting it so it was no longer self-regulating, I decided to just have it go away.

5 Likes

That was my plan too when I first wanted to start but realized it very soon that there will always be abusers no matter what I do. The only to control them is to keep logs for a short time to be able to ban users rather than monitoring each image manually

thought I’d post some stats since it’s been a while.

3 Likes

Update:

Also:

• Now supports WebP and APNG format
2 Likes

someone seems to be proactive :thinking:

1 Like