Use a real RBL

I think that someone who joins a forum just to attack the owner of that forum is unlikely to contribute to that community.

And the end goal is… to get you to remove his spam bots from the RBL – I guess? What a clever strategy. I’m sure it’s working very well.

3 Likes

How about User Signups? and how can I contribute… Would love to help!

For the RBL?

Yes! Like Spamcop…

If you’re talking about MXRBL, I don’t think @Jarland accepts user reports I am quite sure all the listing on it is from insight from all the mail logs at Mxroute.

1 Like

Aye. Aside from starting the list by an import of UCEPROTECT L1 (objectively a great list) the rest is all fed from MXroute audits and private customer reports.

Sorry for the post necromancy. I just wanted to ask - @Jarland is this list still actively maintained?
There are a few posts suggesting some major updates, like sanitized logs for ISPs to deal with abuse to be on the way in 2021, have they been dropped?
Also, does anyone attend to the [email protected] inbox?

Still up and running. I’m behind on responding to removal requests. The inbox gets really bad when I add OVH to the RBL, but after so many customer complaints about spam being tracked to their network I did end up doing that again (with an extensive whitelist, of course).

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Good to hear it is still alive.
One other question, if I may - is this:

Soon it’ll include deep insights for providers to use, including redacted logs they can record for handling abuse notices.

still in the works, or put aside for now?

I really want to do that, but it ended up falling much lower on the priority list than I originally wanted to place it.