VPN Provider?

I got Ivacy - what is a good OpenVPN client for Linux?

So far I am not impressed at all with ivany :frowning:

What are you not impressed about? What are you trying to do? :slight_smile: Did you setup OpenVPN manually with Ivacy?

Also: The Live Chat is actually very fast to reply to any inquiries so if you are having issues or would like a ovpn config for a location that doesnt exist within the premade configs, they’ll help you out :slight_smile:

Just trying to connect a Linux box…

I assumed they would just have an app, like PIA and Mallvad do…

Configuring this has been a major pain in the butt

I have been on live chat for the last hour, but so far no luck.

You mean like a native Linux App? KeepSolid/VPNUnlimited has that. Although, to be fair you might have checked that before buying on their VPN-Apps page: https://www.ivacy.com/download-vpn/

Native Linux Apps for VPNs are unfortunately still rare. Windscribe has it for CLI I believe. VPNUnlimited/KeepSolid has is it. PIA and Mullvad apparently too (never used them much so didn’t know that).

What did you ask them on live chat? Perhaps I can help :wink: Obviously I can’t write a native linux app for it but if there’s smth else you need ask away :slight_smile:

There are just OpenVPN wrappers

I think my pfsense box might be blocking the connect

Ah, fair enough. This is KeepSolid’s Linux App just in case you still wanted to get that 15$ deal and keep Ivacy idling for unblocking on your phone or browser extension.

Haven’t used PFSense before so can’t help you with that unfortunately :confused: Hope you still get that sorted with support. If it would be any “normal” use case (problems related to Ivacy Apps) or setup OpenVPN/IKEV2 Manually I could have probably pointed you in the right direction but unfortunately can’t say much about pfsense. But isn’t pfsense just a router interace/firewall where you’d link your ovpn config?

Not trying to connect pfsence to the VPN, just a client behind pfsense.

Ah, right. But why would it be blocked then? Does pfsense block vpn traffic? Anyway, it could very well be that the problem indeed has to do with pfsense.

maybe this can help? https://www.reddit.com/r/PFSENSE/comments/8d6mr4/pfsense_is_mysteriously_blocking_openvpn_traffic/

A/B test by setting up your own OpenVPN server and seeing if you can connect to that.