What do you think about these 2 domains?

I have two domain names:

1. domain.ac.cn
  2. webhosting.ac.cn

what do you think about?

1 Like

If I remember correctly:

• a few years ago many .cn domains were removed by the the China Internet Network Information Center for no reason (because the state wanted).
  • .ac.cn stands for “academic” meaning these domains should point to academic and research institutions in China.

With this in mind, in my humble opinion, these domains are worthless. There are so many TLDs out there to choose from nowadays, and many of them are really cheap.

For example: webhostings{dot}design is free at Porkbun with coupon code GOOG19A for new customers.

6 Likes

nice

.cn

No value, due to the “controlling” nature or say, no freedom.

And then ac.cn just makes it more worthless as explained by @root in the previous reply.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with your point.

do you know how much of t.cn?
.cn is very popular in our country!

How does a non-academic institution register a .ac.cn domain anyway? I know ours are only able to be registered with proof of your academic status and I feel as though China would be more strict on this if anything.

1 Like

Quoting @root 's words:

a few years ago many .cn domains were removed by the the China Internet Network Information Center for no reason (because the state wanted).

Good domains, but not the extension :joy:

3 Likes

Better sell to some local hosting company before chinese government grabs them from you!

3 Likes