What would you be if you weren't an IT person?

Professional deep sea diver
F1 racer
Compounder (pharmacist)
Pastry chef

Most of these are my lifelong dreams…

One day

1 Like

After knowing about the series for years, I only recently started watching it with a friend. Honestly pretty fun to guess each episode who the murderer/guilty person is before it is revealed. Reminds me a bit of these “black stories” card games where you have to guess murder.

Recent victim was somebody killed on a rollercoaster tunnel in total darkness. It was plannef out quite well.

1 Like

Photographer, travel around the world.
I did have some part time Wedding Assistant job for money, but this is never what I want to shoot.

2 Likes

Architect, piping engineer. Instead I ended up being the network admin for a petrochem engineering firm.

Ever heard of a guy that has the handle “QuidsUP”?

I guess my biggest dream while a small kid (like 5 through 15) was to be an archeologist. Dusting off some crap in Egypt sounded fun, until you become older and realize the job is a bit more than that.
After that I had a period wanting to be a lawyer, but meh.

Like a few others have mentioned racing cars of some sort would be awesome.

1 Like

The people that set up speakers and stuff like that on events are PA (Public Adress) Technicians.

1 Like

Right! That’s awesome. I used to watch some videos about that in YT.

Not that big, but I have a pair of Mackie Thump 15A at home, a Behringer XR18 (I wanted the X32 but it was too much), dynamic and condenser microphones, stands and my in-ear. I got it for the band I had with some friends, but they got married and got jobs far away and plans changed.

When I finish building my house (10 years probably LOL), I hope to have my studio there.

Really interesting stuff.

Nice. I always wanted to learn how to take amazing photos.

Pros always say: “it’s not the camera, it’s the photographer” but I can’t find a way to take good photos with my Xiaomi, so I got a Sony a6000 from Amazon and an old 50mm manual lens from ebay (I’m not sure why I take the hard way to learn things)

Formula driver, pilot, but this is more of a “what would you be if you grew up in wealth?” answer. Recently got into gliding (as in watching, not partaking) and thought “wow, looks like it could be a cheap way to start flying!” - aaaaaaaaand the gliders are basically F1 cars that cost £150K+. Yaaaay.

Realistically as an adult:

– HGV driver (went on various national/international HGV trips w/ step father when I was a kid, can be a generally relaxing way to earn good money)

– Musician of some kind (most likely production, both parents musicians and owned a studio at one point, grew up around it)

– Some field of psychology and/or chemistry and neurochemistry… a very interesting profession to me is neuropsychopharmacology.

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of this, albeit not cross continent, but it’s not bad as long as you can cope with your own company for long period.

Nice! Yeah, if I tell you my lifestyle didn’t change much due to COVID-19, I think you can imagine that I keep my own company pretty well :smiley:

1 Like

I have not.

If this is a joke though it may have just gone right over my head… haha :ok_man:

Rocket scientist, or some work with space tech

1 Like

Nope, no joke. Just another bloke in intelligence that I would consider to be IT as well.

1 Like

Yea I love that stuff. I own a pair of DB Technologys Opera 12 and an 18 inch subwoofer, that I built myself.

1 Like

If not a programmer,

Criminal

A lawyer:

I’m a non-IT person in an IT world. I sometimes really miss teaching in a classroom at university, probably because I had more face-to-face contact with my students. And while I taught at university, I had several students who signed up with classes with me every semester or year, so it was cool to watch them improve and grow. I get to see that a bit at Hetzner with the apprentices, but it isn’t quite the same.
If I didn’t work in an office, I think I’d like to do something with plants or the environment… maybe on some sort of re-greening project. Like @mfs said:

–Katie

5 Likes

Photographer.

2 Likes