What's Your Favorite Web Server and Why?

Why not just use Viglink or one of those systems then.

They take a cut. Better commissions if you go direct to amazon, assuming you can send sales volume.

…if you’ve got 16,000 domains with Franny on shared hosting, you’ve got enough cash to buy those domains- share the wealth.

Bros it’s taking me a long time to make one website.
How do they make 16000 unless they are out write ripping everything and even that takes time.
Unless people are reselling amazon affiliate site hosting to other people.

Welcome to the internet!

Cloning WP installs and throwing third world labor at any manual tasks.

They spin the content with no regard to quality & use extensive automation - it’s actually quite fast.

1 Like

That wasn’t 16k on one resellers, but there was a single reseller with something like 5000 alone.

Francisco

Thanks for the breakdown. That is pretty shitty behaviour.

I obviously like Nginx but I also like Litespeed/OpenLiteSpeed (which I plan to integrate into my Centmin Mod Stack)

I’m also following and building my own Caddy binaries to see when or if performance/scalability comes closer to Nginx - but right now no way near Nginx according to my HTTP/2 HTTPS benchmarks

2 Likes

Seems Wedge hasn’t been updated much since 2017. Any Caddy forks being updated more regularly? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When it comes to speed (TTFB / time to first byte), nothing beats H2O

3 Likes

Ya know, the youzhe: Super fast, light, vhost setup is a breeze, reverse proxy and http2 built right in.

I might not be the brightest, but why link to the main Go repo? :thinking:

We couldn’t find any code matching ‘caddy’ in golang/go

:sweat_smile:

Also noted on my “would like to try” list:

• H2O (ref. @anon40039896)
  • MonkeyServer
  • Seastar, maybe
  • Cherokee (would like to know why it received zero votes in the poll) :wink:
1 Like

Because its last stable release was well over 5 years ago.

1 Like

Oh, good point. Even more outdated than Hiawatha, then. I only checked activity logs, not releases … One less web server to check out. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

So, adjusting my target a bit, I’d like to give lighttpd another try (ref. @anon40039896, in this Ball Pit thread).

Also I’d might still get around to play with H20 and MonkeyServer one day.

Curious about Hiawatha, @Amitz mentions this, also in a the same thread:

Such a pity that Hiawatha never gained the recognition that it deserved…

May I ask what kind of feature(s) or charateristics make you say this?
I guess lack of development and newer HTTP support will make it fade away, but I’m still curious.

(Thankfully I’m not a cat, as I believe curiosity might be life threatening for cats.) :wink:

gW3S.

I do miss the Amiga sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like