WWW Site Domain Showing Black Screen

Checked in different browsers all showed blank page (though Title is there) when visiting https://www.hostballs.com, all works fine at https://hostballs.com.

Is this by design or a bug or is it just me?

@Jarland this is probably a side effect of the work that you’ve been doing.

Hmm, well that’s odd. It’s just a CNAME to the A record, proxied of course. I’m a little confused why it’s acting differently than it ever did before CF.

Let’s try killing the CF proxy for a bit and see if it’s the CF headers forcing the content security policy thing.

Had to sign a cert for it, was using flexible SSL :wink:

Now www isn’t covered by the SSL cert? That’s odd behavior for Discourse.

Maybe www hadn’t propagated yet, I’ll rebuild the app again later.

It’s working for me now :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s look on the bright side, it’s just a black screen, not blue screen of death.

The cert for www is?

The redirection.

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.hostballs.com. The certificate is only valid for hostballs.com.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Yeah it’s still not signing the cert for www. This is something Discourse does on it’s own without any extra configuration, and it’s such a mess to deconstruct their methods this should take a while.

Probably for @Wolveix the redirect is cached, chrome does that.

1 Like

Yeah I give up for the night, I think.

Seems this is the way Discourse handles itself now. I set up a test at mxroute.host and notice that www.mxroute.host is not part of the certificate either. So we’re just not a www site. Not interested in manually editing the configs but may do a redirect elsewhere later. I don’t want to have to manually adjust configs on every update of Discourse given how frequent they are.

1 Like

Or I can just turn on CF proxy again and let it handle that, cheaper. But… then it does the content policy thing again.

1 Like

Does www look good now to others?

1 Like

Works for me now - yesterday it was an invalid cert.

Perfectly redirecting to non WWW.