Ympker's Multipurpose Kit for Debian-Based Servers

This is included by default (see 28+29):

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just tested both on CentOS 7, Debian 9, macOS 10.14, and Ubuntu 18.04 and both scripts are working fine. You might be messing up the line type if youā€™re trying to copy & paste it from your local text editor.

Odd
Iā€™ve actually directly downloaded and run it from github.
Wget setup.sh
chmod +x
sh setup.sh

Yep, Iā€™m able to reproduce the issue when downloading it from your repoā€¦hmm.

1 Like

Same for serverkit. Also gave me an error (see above).

Found the issue, it is a line issue, but caused by my editor :man_facepalming: It defaulted to CRLF instead of LF for some reason.

3 Likes

Are you creating a pull request then? :stuck_out_tongue:
Can you change the part where it asks what option you wanna choose too?
I believe it still says 1-18, where as now it should actually be 1-30 :smiley:

1 Like

Done and done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also found a little bug in 10). I used cat instead of nano having sshd restart without any changes facepalm

To be fair I havenā€™t reviewed the script yesterday at allā€¦ And gotta go sleep now too since 8:00-20:00 Uni+work again tomorrow. Thursday/Weekend Iā€™ll have more time :slight_smile:

Lemme teach you about echo -ne :wink:

echo -ne "\e[1mThis \e[4mText is \e[96m\e[5mAWESOME\e[0m\n"

3 Likes

I modified 10 completely :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s fair :slight_smile: I changed 10 so that the process is entirely automatic. Merge my pull request :wink:

1 Like

Will do. Tbh I donā€™t get itā€¦ I thought I always used ā€œsleep 5ā€ but instead Debian setup (initial one) was bitching about using 5s. So I didā€¦ then serverkit.sh (initial one) used ā€œsleep 5ā€ and it didnā€™t complain at all. Like WTF even?

Bash/shell is fun! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Note to self: Merge ANSI keyboard to remap F11 to echo ā€œDicksā€.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just released v0.2 of this project which aims to clean up the codebase and make the categories easier to manage/access. I would love to hear some feedback, hopefully @Ympker likes the changes!

3 Likes

Time to change the title to ā€œRobert seals the show - againā€? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just trying to help out :stuck_out_tongue: I should really be getting some sleep, Iā€™m in London tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

It certainly is !

wonderful to see folks creating stuff - beautiful minds need a creative outlet :slight_smile:

thatā€™s how Centmin Mod came into being, itā€™s a fork of Centmin script built for my own needs and requirements :slight_smile:

5 Likes

and what a fork ! :+1:

2 Likes

this might help :slight_smile:

1 Like