Your preferred SSH terminal

Wow. Thanks for replying to that post as that’s definitely caught my attention now. mRemoteNG was always a “if I want to get fancy with KiTTy” (which is… not regularly?).

But I’m interested in seeing if XShell really makes me move away from the simplicity of KiTTy.

1 Like

I ended up buying a license for Xshell, already moved everything over. I mainly just like the “better” simplicity and semi-useless features Xshell has really… I use OneDrive to sync my sessions like before with mRemoteNG. Xshell has a dark style already built in, has an option so you can make the window opacity custom (both small quality of life things I wanted…) Easier SFTP file manager without having to open a new tab (has side by side view), a few other things.

3 Likes

Just having SFTP file manager without having to deal with WinSCP vs KiTTy is a great quality of life change.

Netsarang also offers XFTP. Very convenient.

1 Like

I prefer Solarputty.
In my eyes a good improvement putty.

For Windows, been using Putty since i learnt to SSH and still using till now. Tried others but still prefer Putty. If i’m on a Mac, i just use Terminal.

On my laptop I’m using the iTerm2 terminal to access SSH

I use termius. As a teacher, I get the full plan for free.

1 Like

(windows 10 in front of me, mostly) I recently tried Windows Terminal again and am fairly pleased with it. I was getting desperate to find a replacement for puttytray, you know the sw that hasn’t been updated in 5 years or some shit, but nothing else really worked for me til a recent version of Windows Terminal. Go figure.

1 Like

In Windows 11, the ssh command of Windows terminal is very convenient and powerful

Pop!_OS → EasySSH & Nautilus :100:

I use Termius so that I can have a consistent look and feel no matter what device I am using.

2 Likes

I see this was an older post but it’s already been bumped so…

I currently use Tabby. This was just released though which could be interesting to follow:

I just bit the bullet and decided to try Termius. I was using Tabby beforehand, but having a mobile app is useful for some on-the-go things. Liking it a lot so far!

2 Likes

I also used Termius on mobile before, it’s really good.
After the pandemic started though I’ve spent less time away from my laptop and since getting a more portable one last year I haven’t used SSH from my phone in ages.
On the laptop I use whatever terminal is there, so Konsole or Gnome terminal (or currently Windows Terminal :face_vomiting:)

1 Like

I personally like the Bitvise SSH Client, it seems to me no one is using it.

I use Putty but anyways what’s special about Bitvise?? Maybe will try it out…

My current setup is simple really, its the Alacrity terminal for windows/linux alongside the fish shell. And the standard ssh command thats included. For file transfer i use WinSCP for windows and dolphins ssh client for linux and it works wonders!

2 Likes

windterm absolutely! multi-os support. full function

2 Likes