Any ElegantThemes/Divi Users Here?

Lol. I was accepted :thinking:

It’s not bad but depending on what he needs, he could get Ivacy lifetim/5 year deal for 20$/year on some sales.

Oh jeez, I just realized this thread is not our PM. My bad :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Merry X-MAS, mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

User holyballs accepted your invitation for this thread

:blush:

3 Likes

Divi Builder now also integrates into WordPress
Standard Builder (= Gutenbergs Block Builder) as a seperate “block” called “Divi Layout”:

2 Likes

Pretty cool.

1 Like

Nice. Never really tried Gutenberg, installed Classic Editor and kept working … :wink: Now is a good time to try it out, I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gutenberg is awful. I hate it.

1 Like

I also prefer Divi builder, but for those who don’t or in the case of improvement it’s nice to have Divi included.

@flips @Unixfy

Let’s enjoy this update :slight_smile:

Awesome news for Divi fans :slight_smile:

A mail regarding this update just came in :slight_smile:

P9M2x.jpg

Today we are excited to release a transformational Divi Performance update that speeds up Divi from every angle and lays down a foundation on which Divi can grow with more modules and more features without ever adding bloat to your website. We turned Divi into a super light-weight theme by modularizing its PHP framework and assets, loading and processing only what’s needed on-demand based on the modules and features you use. We made Divi super smart, automatically identifying Critical CSS, deferring non-critical styles and reducing the Divi Builder’s CSS output by combining duplicate styles. We also introduced a collection of new options that automatically improve performance by caching and deferring various render-blocking requests and removing unneeded resources.

Read full blog post here: Speeding Up Divi From Every Angle

3 Likes

WOW! This is awesome! Speed was one of the main reasons I started using alternatives for some sites rather than Divi builder. Looks like they now solved this problem. I will definitely have to give the new Divi version a try when I return from my trip!!

1 Like

Yeah it sounds awesome! I use it for most sites but definitely will give it an extra look in a sandbox. Keep in mind some speed improvements are also behind the respective options they mentioned. So you might need to tick some speed improvement options to get the full speed experience. Overall sounds like they addresses an important issue :slight_smile:

Oh, so I have to read more than the title? :nerd_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

First do a backup, then see how the update improves your site. They just state they also added options to improve speed suggesting these options need to be ticked to be active :slight_smile:

Overall, feedback has been quite awesome in the Divi groups I am in (mainly FB groups). Some People reporting performance to have jumped from D to A rank on GTmetrix. Some report broken sites though (like with almost any major version), so make backups and/or wait for 4.10.xx to be pushed before updating :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m actually auto-updated … :laughing:
Been having a couple of backend bugs, but not sure if it’s related to the update :slight_smile:
(Might also be browser specific.)

1 Like

Auto-updated is one way to motivate yourself to find out if your backup strategy is working😂

Since a couple weeks/months I also have some kind of bugs in the Divi Builder. Like having to click twice on “Edit Page with Divi Builder” twice to actually launch the Divi Editor​:joy::sweat_smile: No game-breaking bugs though, so all good.

1 Like

Have done restores, but none triggered by auto-update. I’ve only had issues with one plugin for updates breaking stuff, and not theme or core updates. I guess I’m living on the edge … :joy:

1 Like

Haha fair enough. Hope it stays like that :slight_smile: Maybe just me being unlucky sometimes​:sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

What kinda stuff have been breaking for you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some clients immediately update Divi and then post suddenly appear weirdly spaced (like they’d have some margin added) or editor is buggy. Usually I restore a backup, wait for some patches and it works as if there never was a problem.

1 Like