Any ElegantThemes/Divi Users Here?

Lookin good and clean :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if you read my question differently than I meant it … :sweat_smile:
I can’t seem to get the slideshow module to display just the images (as in each slide being an image covering the entire space occupied by the module). I assumed it’s not the right module to use … :thinking::man_shrugging:

@Jarland Looking good! :slight_smile::+1:

2 Likes

Can you maybe show me an example of what you are looking for? Then I can try to help you :slight_smile:

Great offer, thanks! I realized my error, as I inserted the images as images, and not as image backgrounds, separate section in the slideshow module … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, I still didn’t really get what you wanted to achieve :sweat_smile: Might be lack of coffee, or whatever lol. Glad you solved it yourself though. Care to share an example of how it looks now (which I presume is how you wanted it to look like)? :slight_smile:

I’ll share a bit later, as I’m just messing right now, so right now is too ugly :wink:
How do makes slideshows auto-shift to the next slide? (I should switch to English, the Norwegian translation just confuses me.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure, but perhaps check out:

There’s literally tutorials from ElegantThemes for anything if you e.g. google “divi slideshow” it brings up actual tutorials from Divi Devs. Or just directly search their knowledge base :slight_smile: I also recommend you join the official Divi FB group. 40k+ Divi users, most are friendly and helping each other + the devs are in the group, too.

1 Like

Realized that I have a lifetime subscription for ElegantThemes that I bought a while back (first did yearly, then eventually upgraded) but haven’t used in a while, going to take a look at Divi, though I hope I have the patience to sit down and try to figure it out…

Also, does anyone know if I can install it on an existing site/WP installation, and work on setting things up, while continuing to use the old theme until it’s ready to go?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes. Install the Divi-Builder Plugin in this case. The plugin is meant to bring Divi Site-Builder to any non-divi Theme :slight_smile: Divi-Theme on the other hand already includes the builder.

Thanks!

Can I eventually switch to use the theme with whatever I end up with, and transfer it from the Builder?

I think it should be possible as I would imagine the builder and divi theme use the same tags for the content your create on your pages but maybe ask support to be sure :slight_smile:

Yes, but it sometimes causes breakage depending on the theme. What theme are you using?

1 Like

Using an old theme from them, think is called Nova (though I modified it a while back)…

Wow, that’s from quite a while ago. Honestly given the age of the theme I doubt Divi would play nicely with it. I would suggest just creating a separate dev WP site, building out everything there, then using a plugin like UpdraftPlus to move it to your production site.

No mention of auto timer for slides in that video … :thinking: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guess then it’s time to contact their support :slight_smile:
Or join Divi Theme Users | Facebook

Already sent email :slight_smile:
And got replies. They’re quick. :+1:
Seems only the post slider have the automatic transition, so I will have to do a bit of a workaround (separate category posts with featured images → post slider). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t recommend joining the FB group enough though. Always get to know about recent issues/improvements, see other ppls websites, ask/help each other etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another place to spam showcase my new website :joy:

1 Like
  1. Divi group did not accept my request to join :joy:
1 Like