Are you buying more idle VPS recently?

The lipstick effect is the theory that when facing an economic crisis consumers will be more willing to buy less costly luxury goods.[1] Instead of buying expensive fur coats, for example, people will buy expensive lipstick.[2] The underlying assumption is that consumers will buy luxury goods even if there is a crisis. When consumer trust in the economy is dwindling, consumers will buy goods that have less impact on their available funds. Outside the cosmetics market, consumers could be tempted by expensive beer or smaller, less costly gadgets.

Wiki Link

It feels like Lowend VPS and lipstick are similar. Please tell me your feeling.

Yea I managed to find a OVH Resller which sells 512MB KVM in GRA for 0.88€ per month.
If you deep dive into russian providers, you can find a lot of cheap stuff.

Actually I bought more VPS recently, not for idling, but for donating them online into non-profit projects.

I consider we are not in crisis yet. It’s not like money disappeared. For more than 50 years countries issue coin without cover in commodities (like land, or gold, or diamonds). All that money did not simply disappear because of pandemic, hence why money are just numbers in banks nowadays. Money can not simply go away, not in today’s technology and communication. So after pandemic will be cured, new civilizations and businesses will rise, just like people die and others are born.

We need to continue investing in research, and make sure humanity evolves. The end is nigh for us, but not here, not yet.

1 Like

Wise words, uncle Vesemir

I had 30+ severs at one point but over the last year I’ve got them down to 0.

All the extra money soon starts adding up and I’ve found that just keeping some credit in my Vultr account means I can just spin up a VPS if I want to try something and then 99% of the time I delete it. I’ve been using £10 a topped up about 2 years ago and I’ve still got £7 left. Lol.

1 Like

Am pretty much the same had about 25 at time but down to few servers, am thinking about going down to one server or none but will probably keep one so don’t have to move to shared hosting.

2 Likes