cPanel Change in Pricing

Not very. I think their problem now is people have opened their minds to different panels/setups and have had a week or so to explore these in more detail. Some have already left for DA, others are trialing now.

If they had originally announced a 50% or even 100%, people would have moaned and complained for about a day, would have had a couple of threads in forums then would have blown over. Everyone would probably have stayed. Damage is done I think.

2 Likes

Money is everything here. If prices decrease (unlikely), people will stay with them.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with that. But in the long run, they’ve proved they can do it once and even if it’s two steps back one step forward, they’ll keep stepping

2 Likes

well they made me look to alternatives, including directadmin, and some things are just so well tought in da. they way you can customise with custom build. it like wouw. Why did i start with cpanel? and with there new grid layout, i don’t even think most customers will notice the difference except "he new look? "

2 Likes

Have you tried the custombuild plugin for DA. Works in the panel, can select all options you want then press build.

2 Likes

I’m praying for deadpool, myself.

1 Like

https://blog.cpanel.com/update-to-account-based-pricing/

5 Likes

Im just glad that they are giving time and credits for people to move from them somewhere else

2 Likes

Yea i did. its like easyapache, but better. Because nginx.

2 Likes

The only half decent part of that announce imo, but should have been like that in the original one

1 Like

what is this nonsense:

FYI, to be able to offer the “Solo” license you have to sign their “bundle agreement” which says you have to bundle cPanel with every server you sell at no cost…or no perceived cost. So as a provider you have to include cPanel Solo, at a cost to you of $10/mo, with every server regardless if someone wants it or not. If your customer does not want it you cannot lower the cost of the server by $10 however. So they have made it where we either have to artificially charge $10 more per month for every server OR we can just eat the $10 per month if we wish to not raise our prices. Lovely choices. This to me makes Solo pretty much a non-starter.

From a WHT comment: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770316&page=51&p=10161133#post10161133

2 Likes

Haha ha ha ha… to cry or not to cry?

1 Like

Yes, if you want to offer the cPanel license that will work with a single site (cPanel Solo), you have to sign the bundling agreement and include it with every eligible server (meaning every RHEL/CentOS 6/7 server) for free.

Obviously the answer is “debian, thx”

3 Likes

How this fk are people taking this crap?

I’m sure you mean, for “free”.
I wonder if this is legal, I guess it could be if you make it clear to your clients, otherwise I suspect it is not.

This is simply how Muricans do business. It’s not any different than Intel / Microsoft / you name it were doing on the PC market years ago.

I do hope they have to file for bankruptcy at some point (the sooner the better). I don’t like their complete lack of customer focus and the way they’re just putting pressure on the hosting industry by owning Plesk / SolusVM and recently cPanel. This products are no longer driven by guys with a passion for technology but just another bunch of folks that want to increase revenue. Just like WhatsApp and pretty much every brand Google has bought over the last decade.

1 Like

That’s capitalism for you. The big get bigger and the small either wither away or get eaten by something bigger

This says it all :smile:

https://blog.cpanel.com/hi-im-tabby-how-can-i-help/

2 Likes
1 Like